Valued Contributor

I would like to get a tea brewer (had a cheap one before from Walmart, maybe Black & Decker don't remember) but it never tasted like the brewed tea I wanted. I know that Keurig brews tea but I would like to brew a carafe or a pitcher and Keurig doesn't make tea in the K carafe cups. Any suggestions??

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions on a tea brewer

Amazon sells a Eco-Carafe for the keurig 2.0 now. It's made from perfectpod. A little pricey but I bought one and use it for travel mugs 14-16 oz. I just don't fill it all the way.

This is assuming you have a 2.0. Smiley Happy

Are you wanting iced tea or hot?

*ETA* If hot you can always use a permanent filter/screen on a regular coffee pot.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

I love using a French coffee press with loose leaf tea.
Honored Contributor

The Breville One Touch tea maker.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

It's funny to see this thread as last night I ordered 3 different black teas from Twinings. For spring/summer I will drink iced tea. I make my tea in my coffee maker. You only need 2 bags of tea to 10 to 12 cups and it comes out strong. I like my coffee full bodied and my tea the same way. I just clean out the coffee maker washing the pot, filter holder in sudsy water and it's ready for coffee.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

This tea infuser is great. You use it with loose-leaf tea. Once the teas has steeped, you put it on a mug and the valve on the bottom opens. This is a good web site for teas too.

http://tattletea.coffeebeandirect.com/accessories/teaze-infuser.html

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Betsy Doodle,

I was brought up drinking tea, so have consummed a lot of tea in my 67 years. And, that amounts to brewing tea in many different ways.

About 10 years ago, I was watching QVC, (must have been a kitchen program), and low and behold they show this all-in-one tea brewing system, if you will. It had an electric platform with a little hot plate on the left with on/off switch and a glass carafe which sits on it. Inside the carafe is a tea infuser, into which you place any loose or bag tea you want to brew. Just to the right of this is the streamline looking pot, for lack of a better word, into which you place water. It had a button you pressed in order to get the water going to a boil. When it boiled, it automatically shut down. You then poured the hot water into the carafe, closed the lid on the carafe, turned on the hot plate and let it brew.

The GREAT thing about this was that you could drink the tea hot or, as I have done thousands of times it seems, made a strong pot of tea, then got my regular 2 quart pitcher out, dumped a lot of ice in it and poured the hot tea over the ice, then put the pitcher into the frig. Before you know it, you have iced tea.

I used this unit for years, until it became clear that the plastic used to make the unit had that bad chemical in it (don't remember what it's called), so I had to ditch it. Boy, did I miss that unit, but immediately started to look for another one. After looking for about a week and also after reading several hundred recommendations, I purchased a unit that's just about identical to the one I purchased from QVC. It's the most popular tea brewing all-in-one in Great Britain and I LOVE it! It's made by Russell Hobbs. My purchase was made through Sears on the internet (hadn't purchased from Sears in donkey's years, but they happened to have it). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend my Russel Hobbs on many levels and should an earthquake destroy the one I have now, would purchase another tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

On 3/14/2015 KatCat1 said:

It's funny to see this thread as last night I ordered 3 different black teas from Twinings. For spring/summer I will drink iced tea. I make my tea in my coffee maker. You only need 2 bags of tea to 10 to 12 cups and it comes out strong. I like my coffee full bodied and my tea the same way. I just clean out the coffee maker washing the pot, filter holder in sudsy water and it's ready for coffee.

I actually thought about putting tea in a coffee maker. I also like strong coffee and tea. Thanks to all the replies, and thanks sfnative for the info on Russell Hobbs!!

Valued Contributor

Is this the Russell Hobbs you were describing?

Valued Contributor

On 3/14/2015 jaxs mom said:

The Breville One Touch tea maker.

Looked it up and just want to know if it is worth the price. Found one for $260