Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for New Pots and Pans

I am still using my Farberware cookware from 1978. Still looks great. And does the job. Guess it was $79 well spent. It had 5 varied sizes of pots/pans and lids that fit and a double boiler.

Only thing that I buy every few years is a non-stick small frypan and a larger frypan. My husband likes his grilled cheese sandwichs well done. So it ruins every finish.

Honored Contributor

Definitely Curtis Stone on HSN. Since I've gotten those pots and pans, I never use the others I have. They are the best for me. 

Defintely, skip the copper pans. Mine didn't even last a year. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with @Krimpette & @GenXmuse  - I absolutely LOVE Curtis Stone's cookware I love it so much I actually buy things I don't really need and have never regretted one item.  Even the items I did not need get used regularly and all his items look like new no matter how long I've had them.  It truly is top quality cookware.  If you buy a set thinking you will give part of it away, you will likely never want to part with even one piece.  All this from someone who does not even like to cook, but I enjoy it more if I am using his cookware and clean up is a breeze!  The selection of individual pieces on HSN is fairly picked over due to his recent visit.  There are several large sets, but best to test a piece buying just one to see what we are talking about.  He will return to HSN on-air December 13-16th and should be stocked up with better options starting the week before.  This cookware is reasonably priced and well worth trying.  I think you will love it, too.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2 Macy's has a sale on a Belgique Stackable 10 piece set right now, plus with an extra 30% off with a code they give you when you tap on the item detail.  This is stainless steel.  The 10 pieces include three lids.  Was $349.00 on sale for 296.99 and then with another 30% off the sale price brings it down to $180.90. Can be used on all cooking surfaces, including induction.

4 and 1/2 stars from six reviews.  I have some pieces from this line from about six years ago but they weren't stackable, and they have held up well.  Sale ends November 17th.  I'm not certain Macy's still does it for a heavy item like this but if you order a beauty item Macys then ships the entire order free.

Sale ends November 17th.

You could also try these websites: Sur la Table clearance, TJMaxx, Marshalls--recently online ordering added as an option--to see what they have.  Williams Sonoma, Webstaurant, and Everything Kitchens are other possible sources. 

A lot of merchants will have cooking, dishware and table linens on sale in anticipation of the upcoming Thanksgiving and other winter/Christmas holidays.  Good for the customers and good for their year-end profits.

Happy hunting!  The search is so much fun to find what you need at the best possible price.

Honored Contributor

@drizzelllaAgree!  My then boyfriend, now husband, bought me a set of Faberware in 1976.  Had it for more than 20 years without a problem.  Would probably still be using it except we've moved several times and just decided to buy new, always Faberware.

I do agree also about the non-stick frypan.  No matter the brand, they don't seem to last too long!

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for all of the great suggestions!  I need to get busy!

Honored Contributor

All-Clad is the best.  I have purchased them one piece at a time - the sizes I really use.  

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla That sounds like my husband. He wants a "char" on his grilled cheese. And, in the summer, when we go to the hot dog place near the lake, he asks for his hot dogs "black" lol.

I've solved that problem by using a cast iron pan for our grilled cheese sandwiches--I just leave his in longer. No soggy grilled cheese with cast iron! And if you burn it, as I do with his, there's no finish to harm. In fact, about a month ago, I picked up a little 8.5" Smith & Clark cast iron skillet at Marshall's for when I'm burning, er...making something just for him lol.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 

I don't know if you are considering Curtis Stone dura pans from HSN but...it was posted on the forum this afternoon that HSN has a 20% discount coupon good on any one item # and good today only.  If you can find something to try from his products the coupon code is: 

183481 20% off one item # today only (11/11/19)

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 

I ❤️ Curtis Stone cookware.  My set is several years old and have never had any issues.  They truly perform as he states & clean up a joy🙂

I also ordered Wolfgang Pucks new line Elite (non stick) because my CS set didn't have large frypan..  These fry pans are heavy compared to CS line and are the most used frypans in my kitchen. 

You wont be disappointed -- HSN had great TSV cookware set  for CS sets recently and 20% off coupon today.  I'll see if I can get pic of set