Respected Contributor

Stuffed: Food Hoarders on The Cooking Channel On NOW

Oh my goodness!! So much food and stuff.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stuffed: Food Hoarders on The Cooking Channel On NOW

One lady told of how her dad would buy food by the case, so that's what she does. Her pantry is arranged by colors and type of food. She doesn't think she is a food hoarder.

Honored Contributor

Sad - because unless someone if feeding the Duggers, most of that food will be old and probably not used or maybe even become dangerous to use. I didn't see that cooking show, but that's my reaction when I see the extreme couponers fill baskets with 30 pounds of pasta or 20 jars of mustard or whatever they have coupons for. Just disgustingly wasteful to me.

Respected Contributor

My mother was a child of the depression, so she was a hoarder of everything. Two year old Thanksgiving leftovers in the basement freezer. {#emotions_dlg.scared} In her later years, she lived with me for 8 yrs. and it was a struggle. "Mom, do we need 9 cans of sweetened condensed milk???". {#emotions_dlg.lol} (I'll keep one or two "extras" on hand, but not a dozen.)

Luckily, she was physically able and would visit her sister in CA or my sister in IL a few times a year. Used to laugh that her plane wasn't off the ground before I was tossing expired food and trying to use up what was hoarded before she returned.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Can't imagine buying a case of any kind of canned or boxed food.