Honored Contributor

It stays soft in air tight containers like tupperware. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Needless to say, I'm Lock N Lock and OXO storage obsessed -- nothing is put in my pantry with the original package.  Here in FL it's the only way to keep things fresh & keep the bugs out🙄! (Those nasty bugs don't stand a chance in my food with protection.  I've never had any😊).

E4834565-A95E-4FE8-8792-34A525378D85.jpeg

Some of these sets I bought 7 years ago & still sealing great! 

Esteemed Contributor

OK ... I've gotta ask ... this is from before Tupperware, 'bears', vacuum sealers, or any other device mentioned here.

Does anyone recall storing a crust end from a loaf of white bread inside the plastic bag with the brown sugar?

Somehow it never went moldy, but it gave off just enough moisture to keep the brown sugar from clumping solid.

When the bread went rock-hard stale it was tossed out and replaced with another crust.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I vacuum seal my brown sugar with Foodsaver.

This is the absolutely best solution of all!  

I would add that if one has a large quantity of brown sugar and only uses it in 1cup or 2cup increments, I would probably measure it out that way and put one or two cups per bag (labelled as such).  Then you're not having to open it all the time for a small amount.   I do that with a number of things.

Honored Contributor

I keep my brown sugar in a Lock 'n Lock container.  I also use one of those terra cotta discs.  I soak the disc first and lay it on top.  I re-soak the disc every few months.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau