Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stock Up On Tea for the Summer!

This kind of tea adjacent. DD loves tea and made Earl Grey orangeade this weekend.

It is water, Earl Grey tea bags, sugar and oj.  I filled a glass with ice and the orangeade.  I was surprised, it was really good.

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@Sooner  While I am not familiar with these teas, I was glad to become aware! My husband loves english breakfast tea so I stocked up on several tins and i am trying the African autumn as well.  He is a tea snob...ha!  Not bad prices on sale. Tea is expensive in the grocery store. And you could use the promo code to add additonal 20% off sale prices. Thanks for the info!

@bmorechick Wonderful! That's a good amount off!   I'm like your husband--I like a good cup of tea.  I think he will be happy with Harney.  

Do you know about the Cultured Cup in Dallas, Elmwood Inn in Kentucky, and Upton teas in Boston (a wonderful site for browsing and reading and tea is like wine there--single estates)?  I think you and your husband would enjoy their teas and web pages too.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  Oh I will definitely check those sites out, thanks!  I'm more of a coffee drinker, but do love a cup of good, tasty tea! Enjoy your teas...

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

I can not believe it, my computer "security" won't let me access the site. It is not to be trusted.

I can't believe it. 

Try clearing your browser, then turn your device off for a few minutes. This has happened to me once before.  I was good when I powered back up (iPad).

I just went back in and I was allowed past the home page. Thanks for your help @bmorechick .

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner

Guess I missed this when you posted; TY!! I had already taken advantage of their sale, but by no means a stock up, since my tea cupboard is already bulging.

Watch your head when you open it!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Sooner

Guess I missed this when you posted; TY!! I had already taken advantage of their sale, but by no means a stock up, since my tea cupboard is already bulging.

Watch your head when you open it!

@Harpa Uh Harpa, wow do I hear you.  Notice I did not say I NEEDED tea!  Something else I just got is a tea tumbler (Note again: Not NEEDED Woman Embarassed) from Zojirushi that has a filter built in to the lid.  I can put two good pinches of loose tea in in the morning, fill it up with 208 degree water from the water boiler, and:

By noon the tea inside is still very hot, but drinkable.  By later in the day it is perfect and the three ones I've tried do not in any way seem bitter or over-steeped!!!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, @Sooner.  I drink a cup of hibiscus tea every morning before moving to coffee, but I enjoy hot teas in the afternoon mostly during autumn and winter. Harney & Sons is my favorite brand.  I haven't had too many of them - Hot Cinnamon Spice, Mothers Day, Victorian London Fog. Call me weird but, besides the flavor, I love the tins. Today I ordered Lunar New Year 2022, African Autumn, Pumpkin Spice, White Christmas, and the Wedding Tea w/personalized lid for our DD and SIL to-be.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch We share a lot of tea likes except for Cinnamon Spice, which I don't care for.  So I am weird too because most people love it!

That a great gift for your daughter and future SIL!  My parents were NOT pleased with my choice of spouse, then within 6 months I would say if you had to give up one of us it would be ME!  And they'd say "Oh. . . maybe!"  I hope you have the wonderful relationship my family was blessed with!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

@Sooner  While I am not familiar with these teas, I was glad to become aware! My husband loves english breakfast tea so I stocked up on several tins and i am trying the African autumn as well.  He is a tea snob...ha!  Not bad prices on sale. Tea is expensive in the grocery store. And you could use the promo code to add additonal 20% off sale prices. Thanks for the info!

@bmorechick Wonderful! That's a good amount off!   I'm like your husband--I like a good cup of tea.  I think he will be happy with Harney.  

Do you know about the Cultured Cup in Dallas, Elmwood Inn in Kentucky, and Upton teas in Boston (a wonderful site for browsing and reading and tea is like wine there--single estates)?  I think you and your husband would enjoy their teas and web pages too.  

@Sooner  I read your response the other day. I knew Elmwood sounded familiar! And now it dawned on me - DD and I visited the tea room a long time ago! Loverly!! And they served a very fine tea!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

@Sooner  I read your response the other day. I knew Elmwood sounded familiar! And now it dawned on me - DD and I visited the tea room a long time ago! Loverly!! And they served a very fine tea!

@Harpa You lucky lady! Woman Very Happy I would love to go!  Bruce Richardson and wife started it and he is now a frequent author and lecturer on tea.  I mention this because we have "attended" some online sessions (his and others) about tea and growing and processing and tea's place in history, etc. which was a nice thing during incarceration, but to go there!  What fun for you!!!Woman Very Happy