Honored Contributor

Re: Still not spending $99 on a garbage can......

@vickyh2 wrote:

Spin it anyway you want, but no, not spending $99 + tax + shipping on a garbage can for the kitchen.  Seriously, what are some of these corporate buyers thinking?????  SMH

@vickyh2 But do you think ill of people who do? 

Esteemed Contributor

@vickyh2 wrote:

Funny you should mention the kitchen with granite counters, big island, stainless steel appliances etc.  I have EXACTLY that and STILL won't spend $99 on a garbage can.  My garbage is in a pullout drawer, out of sight.  

I like to see my garbage!!!!! I don't hide it!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don't want to keep a trash can that I keep 20 years when I think of all that goes in it. 

In my small, beautiful trashcan - everything goes into the liner - and my trashcan is clean as a whistle - after many years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva wrote:

Back in 2003, I bought one of the original Simple Human trash cans. I paid $179 for it, and it still works perfectly. Would I pay that much for one today? I doubt it. 

@deeva   I have had 13-gal Simple Human for several years.  Not sure how long, but I do recall it was in excess of $100.00.  I hae  I also have a small Simple Human trash container (about a gallon or two) which I set on my counter and place stuff in it as I cook, like peels, excess spices, flour, etc., that I may have mixed up and overmixed, coffee grounds and at the end of the session, I empty into the larger one which sits farther away. I also love my Simple Human dish drainer which I use for a quick wash-up of cups, glasses, stirring spoons, etc., just wash and drain.  Don't have to load and unload the dishwasher.  It fits in one side of the sink just perfectly.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vickyh2They are thinking that lots of shoppers will buy the item.  If they're right, they've earned their keep.  If they're wrong, they'll be buying toys for "ToysRUs". Man Happy

Regular Contributor

I have the Simple Human can.  I bought it well over a few years ago at BBB before Q carried it and paid $150 less a 20% coupon of course.  I love it & would replace it if it dies.  I order the "J" bags from Amazon on subscribe &  save as they fit right in the bag holder for convenience.  I enjoy not having to touch a can when my hands are messy & have no luck with the cans with foot pedals.  The can is attractive, performs well, & I've never been sorry I spent the money.....and my dog is small!

Regular Contributor

Now you can get it for $99 here.  I paid $150 less a 20% BBB coupon & it works & looks as good as new several years later.  I would buy it again.

Regular Contributor

Love mine too!  I have stainless, but the new black stainless really caught my eye!