Respected Contributor

Re: Still not spending $99 on a garbage can......

I have wondered do they take very long to open and close?  I have wondered if my impatience would get the best of me ,when I am used to just tossing an item in.

Honored Contributor

i have two simple human trashcans in my kitchen. they make excellent quality products.

for me, they are worth every penny.

not too often can you say a TRASHCAN actually looks good and is functional.

i would not hesitate to purchase one again. i have been thinking of doing smaller ones in other areas of my home.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Funny you should mention the kitchen with granite counters, big island, stainless steel appliances etc.  I have EXACTLY that and STILL won't spend $99 on a garbage can.  My garbage is in a pullout drawer, out of sight.  

Respected Contributor

I wish I had room for one of these just because they are handsome.  On the other hand, my cheap plastic container can be pulled out from the cabinet where I can scrape cutting board remnants right into it without taking a step which adds up to good time and motion management.  It's close to the stove top which also saves steps.  If it were across the room where space might offer up, it would make little sense.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a small kitchen and certainly not enough space to have a cabinet just for a garbage can. Since my trash can has to sit out (and be noticed), I was fine spending a little more for a stainless steal can instead of another plastic one. The plastic cans with the swing lids don't always close tight and the trash starts to smell. If a person doesn't want to buy a stainless steel trash can, that's fine.....it's your business and your money. It's also my business to be very happy that I chose to have one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a $10 plastic garbage can in a closet in the kitchen.  Have had the same one for 25 plus years. I clean it...so it is never gross.  It is A GARBAGE CAN. Who cares how it looks...  no one sees it.....do not need a fancy one that opens or talks or such. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreeI do believe you have company on that limb.  The year I sold my house and moved to a small apartment and went searching for a garbage can I wouldn't mind living out in the open, I was stunned how many cost well in excess of $100.  That was 2008 and I was in BBB.  Ended up at kMart for $15!  Not pretty, but I didn't need dogproof or childproof -  I will happily toss that can when I collapse my apartment -  not moving it or cleansing it for a yardsale!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a similar SimpleHuman all silver trashcan for my kitchen (backside is flat) from Bed/Bath around 8 years ago - with the foot pedal. It's still perfect and with the 20% off coupon, I paid around $25.

I used to get those 10 gallon wastebasket liners from Costco (Kirkland brand) - 500 liners in a box and they're now now being sold at Amazon.500 in a box.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not for me, but I've spent as much on other items that many people would think are unneccesarily extravagant.  Plus, I've had cats.  Cat LOL

Different strokes for different folks.

Denise
Respected Contributor

My trash can also sits out in my kitchen. I think my Simple Human cam was worth every penny. In the words of the urban philosopher 2-Chainz:”my money, I spend it”.