Super Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@wismiss This marigold baker was my first baker from Fiesta. My others are Le Creuset. I have wanted something in marigold for years. I needed another 9 x 13 and when I saw HL had "found" one in marigold, I grabbed it. It was on a sale price of $29.99. It is a beautiful piece, very heavy and just the right size. I will be using it tomorrow to bake a crustless pumpkin pie. I agree about the color yellow. I am using my daffodil dishes today.

@oceantown Glad you had a great "Fiesta" vacation.

Happy Weekend to everybody! 

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone:  I was looking at Kohl's today and they have some pieces of the daffodil. I received a 30% off coupon, starting July 14, so I will definitely order a fruit bowl,and you all know how much I love gusto bowls, so that might be a possibility, too.   Maybe my 30% will cover the shipping charges.  Image result for fingers crossed"Talk" with you all later.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

FYI----Macys is having a BOGO on fiestaware today. Added a bread tray, 4 mugs and the dip bowl with the spreader.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info, wagirl.  As soon as I'm done here I'll have to go over there and check it out.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

So good to hear from you, Oceantown.  Sounds like you had a nice vacation.

Have you had a tea party lately?  Those individual creamers and sugars are so cute, aren't they?  I only have one of each and they are in juniper.

I would have loved to see the collection of older pieces.  I've always wanted a marmalade jar like you described but they are SO expensive.

Keep in touch. 

Trusted Contributor

Apple Crisp, I love my 9 x 13 and boy did you ever get a prize----color and price are unbelievable.  A crustless pumpkin pie sounds so decadent.  I made a Strawberry Rhubarb crisp in the 8" the other day and it turned out wonderfully.  I also like the loaf pan(s) for baking bread, a meatloaf, and banana bread.  I think the baking pieces are very nice, but I don't know if I'll be able to handle the 9x13 as I get older, because it is so heavy without even having anything in it.  But, it sure does a nice job.  (They all do.)

Take care.

Valued Contributor

wagirl, Thank you so much for the BOGO info.

I've had the pedestal bowls on my wish list for awhile so I bought scarlet and sunflower.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

AZgal--you are welcome---I added the cute little boullion bowls to my other order. Bought 4 of them and with tax, as s/h was free--spent around $15 !!

Someone suggested going to kohls online as they had a buy one, 1/2 off the second, but no free s/h.

BTW---I love AZ--have a BF down there and go there often to visit!!

Valued Contributor

I like the bread tray with the bouillon bowls. It's so cute. I don't know what I'd use it for, though. 

We've been in Az about 22 years now. We like it. When it's 119 not so much but most the time it's really nice and it's not too far to the cool pines.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

I have had some haelth issues, but wanted to let you all know my granddaughter has a part on The Young and The Restless!!!  She will appear tomorrow, August 1 at 11:30 PST on CBS !!  I am excited that I will get to see her face this time.  She goes into a night club wit another girl and has some conversation with the owner of the club i believe

I got my daffodil salsa bowl, and cafe mug.  I love ot.  It is the bright fiesta color we are used to.  I love those salsa bowls.  They have the cutest shape and curves to them.. Holds alot as well.  Make great dessert bowls