Esteemed Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@Apple Crisp wrote:

@sunala  Try putting something like Dawn in and filling the baker with extremely hot water. Leave it several hours. Then use a scrubby like Scrub Daddy or very gently with the Scrub Eraser, but not the eraser side, use the scrubby side. I have done this and it works.

@Apple Crisp- thank you. I will give it a try. I put it away because I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. I'll take it out and give it my best shot.

No more carrots in the baker!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Fiesta Central recommend using "Barkeeper's Friend."  It looks like Comet but costs a lot more.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Fiestanistas!!  Any of you live in cities with Younkers, etc?  They are closing all of them everywhere; I haven't gone to the store yet; guessing things won't be really cheap for a while.  Wow, this is the third Younkers that's closing here.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone.  Yes, Kutira, I used to shop at Bergner's all the time before moving to Wisconsin.  It is so sad to learn that they are closing.  When they had sales, the sales were fantastic.  The quality of the clothing declined over the years, but the accessories department, the home goods, and the shoe department were fabulous.  They were also a good place to register for your baby/wedding and then purchase the gift there.

I really think that department stores are going to be taking a big hit because of all the online purchases.  I live in a town of 10,000 and we already have two or three stores where we place our order online, the store employees pull the order, and all the customer does is pick the order up.  I can see in big cities where this would be even more prevalent.

I heard on the news today where somehow (sorry I can't remember the details) Amazon can unlock your car,  put your package in your car, relock your car, and it's all done without you having to leave work.  I think we will see things that we can't even imagine.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

I live in Rockledge Florida and have four dinner plates, yellow and orange, 4 bowls - same, sandwich plates- same, 4 cups - same.  Free if anyone wants them.  I was gifted them and they are unused.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. 

Has anyone pre-ordered any mulberry pieces yet?  I did see a list of pieces that will be in the first mulberry roll-out, and I see the fruit/salsa bowl, but not the original fruit dish.  I love and collect the original fruit dish, and it looks like I may have to wait longer for that piece.  I hope I like the color.  I want to see the color in person before I decide to buy anything.

I purchased a new tablecloth while we were on vacation, and I guess the love of tablecloths is related to love of fiestaware. 

Take care, all!

Honored Contributor

oceantown---hi there--yes I did order 6 pieces that Macys had on sale plus more off with coupon a few weeks ago---but all is backordered that will ship before or by 7/20. Looks like a lovely color too! I have the claret color and a few pieces in plum and heather so NEED--haha---some in the mulberry.

Trusted Contributor

That is exciting, @wagirl.  I see why you "need" some mulberry.  Smiley Happy  It will be fun putting those colors together.

Super Contributor

Hi Ladies, I just ordered some salad/dessert plates from Macy's with the sale price and a 20% off coupon. I ordered two each in lemongrass and cobalt blue. They arrived today. I have recently been ordering things in lemon grass, which I love. This was my first cobalt blue purchase. It is a rich color, but very dark. I am glad to have something in this color, but I don't think I will order any more. It is nice, but very dark. As of now, mulberry seems too dark for me, also. But you never know how my mind will work in the future!🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Apple—- you got the mulberry already? Mine haven’t shipped yet. So how does it compare to the claret color. Got mine from Macys too.