Honored Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

I have been ordering the retired pink f/ware for my daughter for her birthday in Dec. It has been quite a treasure hunt finding the main pieces in this color but has been fun. Got her pieces for just 2 place settings as it is just her. Such a pretty color. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG!  Hi ladies; I missed saying hello so much.  Will soon have my very own new computer.  Just passed my 1 year mark in my new apartment and signed a new lease!

So who is getting Fiesta for the holidays?!

Fiesta® Dinnerware Button Snowman Collection made by Homer Laughlin China Company

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

Hi kutira!!!!

no holiday fiesta for me.  But that santa set is really cute, and I love the colors.  My husband is retiring the end of December, and we are cleaning house.

@wagirl

the flamingo color is gorgeous.  It is an interesting pink.  At times it can look almost peachy/ pink. I called it ballet pink.  It looks fabulous with retired chocolate, or the gray or new slate.  I love it in summer with lemongrass for bbqs. You will have fun searching for it as well.  Try looking for the jumbo cup and saucer.  Great for soup, chili, oatmeal this time of year.  I use the jumbo cup almost everyday.  I have frozen pomagranite seeds in it today!!!

Super Contributor

@kutira Those pieces are beautiful. Where did you get those? Macy's is now selling their snowflake pieces.

Honored Contributor

shoe--I think the 2  square salad plates I found for my daughters set, is the flamingo color; altho the seller said is was the rose---it isn't but looks nice with the rose I have. Couldn't argue with only paying $19.50 for the 2 plus free shipping. Think I'm set with what I have. 

I think the Santa set is adorable and I LOVE the skull set too, but won't be buying. I am eyeing the covered tortilla dish tho--just saw that online at Kohls or B B & B for the first time.

Trusted Contributor

I just googled Fiesta holiday dishes, so no idea if they are for sale.

Anybody had snow yet?  It's freezing here!!

1618694_626441600736387_1601955088_n.png

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone:  So good to hear from you all.  I, too, think the snowman grouping is so cute, but I won't be purchasing any more Fiesta.  My china buffet is full.  And, this house doesn't have as much cupboard space as my other kitchen did.  Can you ever have too many cupboards or too many closets?

We are supposed to have "mixed" precipitation tonight with an inch of snow between this evening and tomorrow.  UGH.

Image result for veterans day clip art

Our county (through the work of many volunteers) built a memorial park with a gazebo for all those who have served in the military.

Image result for Monroe, Wisconsin veterans gazebo

The helicopter was tracked down by a man living in the area that actually flew it in Vietnam.  The gazebo is lighted and has the names of all submitted veterans from our county.  I plan to go there soon as my father, brother, and sister should have their names posted.  I also submitted the names of other veterans in the extended family who no longer have anyone to submit their name.  Many veterans have said it is the nicest memorial they have ever seen.

Nice "talking" with you all.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

15% off .  Never mind.  Just went to the site and it says "out of stock".  Why would they send out an e-mail about something they don't have?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Super Contributor

I thought the same thing. Then I got another email saying they were back in stock. Just checked now and they are out of stock again!!

220FE24A-F8C9-4927-862B-C8D55B6EA2E7.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

15% off .  Never mind.  Just went to the site and it says "out of stock".  Why would they send out an e-mail about something they don't have?

Oh my, those are cute!