Respected Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@SarahW  Don't feel bad.  I wasn't buying much either over the past several years.  However, I do like to chat so please drop by anytime. 

Very exciting to have a wedding coming up.  So what color(s) has your daughter decided on?  Remember, we all live vicariously through our friends' Fiesta purchases even if we are sitting a sale out--LOL!

Respected Contributor

@oceantown  So glad you won and now, picked out some goodies.  You always make the best tablescrapes.  I will say though hat I really miss the Little Round Table.  I could never be that creative but I sure loved to look at it.

Trusted Contributor

@oceantown wrote:

Hi, everyone, and Hi @SarahW!

It is so good to see you here, Sarah!

Exciting to hear your oldest daughter is engaged and is also now a fiesta fan.  It is so much fun for mom & daughter to shop together. 

Just to keep everyone up-to-date, I just ordered a turquoise small size baking bowl (I already have the prep set, and this bowl will hold those two), and a lemongrass jumbo cup.

Of course I always re-think my choices, and I had a hard time choosing between the small and medium bowl.  But, I think the medium might be bigger than I need, it holds 4 quarts, and it may be a little heavy for me too. So I hope I got the right size.

Take care all.

Hey girl!   Yep, it has been fun shopping with my daughter; it certainly made Christmas gifts for her easy!  

I hope you love your new things; I'll be watching for the "reveal" pics!   Have a great day. 

Trusted Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

@SarahW  Don't feel bad.  I wasn't buying much either over the past several years.  However, I do like to chat so please drop by anytime. 

Very exciting to have a wedding coming up.  So what color(s) has your daughter decided on?  Remember, we all live vicariously through our friends' Fiesta purchases even if we are sitting a sale out--LOL!

I will try to come by more often, Meeze!   I have missed all of you and need to get caught up with everyone.  

Daughter Cara loves all the bright Fiesta colors so she will have a rainbow of colors.   We started her out with turquoise, sunflower, cobalt, tangerine, shamrock, lemongrass, poppy and scarlet.  She doesn't care for the sage, slate, etc.   She was bummed to find that plum is discontinued but I will scavenge for a few pieces for her.  

She emailed me yesterday that everything looks so beautiful in her cabinets that she doesn't want anyone using them and messing up her "display."   HAHA   (Like mother, like daugher!)

They are planning a beach wedding in Hawaii later this year so I will be putting my pennies aside, eeeek.  

Thanks for posting the pics of the new stuff and the Christmas patterns.   Have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

@SarahW  I am sure that you will be able to find Plum.  It has only been retired for a year now.  If not, dishes fast dot com (oneword) does have Plum but only in the 5 pc place setting.  Still, it may be easier to find a mug than the entire place setting.  In addition, Liz has the fruit bowl and the small bowls if you daughter considers them part of a place setting.  Free S over 49.  Also, I don't know if she would like Persimmon or not. It is like a burnt pinky-orange.  It is much lighter than Paprika. I really like it.  Anyway, if she does, Liz has those place settings for 19 dot 99.  A great deal.

Lastly, Prydes out of KC may still have Plum.  I don't know.  They are a huge seller of Fiesta.  BTW, if you care or if your daughter is thinking about it, Prydes has free S on anything Paprika.

I know that you know what Paprika looks like (on left) but I put it up for comparison to Persimmon:

See how the Persimmon is more orangy than Flamingo?  I really like it but can see how others might not.  It definitely doesn't look like Tangerine which is much paler nor does it look at all like Poppy which is much brighter and redder.

Trusted Contributor

@Meezerpleezer Hi there!  I found I think the medium bistro bowl; maybe it was small--looked like about the size of the regular cereal bowls.  I might have to break down and get it in lemongrass; not sure yet.  You seem to find all the upcoming pieces; those snowmen are cute!

Hope the ice storm doesn't hit anybody but we are all stocking up for it.

Take care all!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oops got this in my email...large heart bowl for some of you.

@oceantown congrats on winning and hello to @SarahW!

e8b96161-dbd6-4aeb-8b71-cf131a02556a.jpg

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@kutira  It probably was the medium bistro bowl.  It might be pretty in Daffodil when put with your Sapphire and Chartreuse. 

We are just getting rain (thank goodness). We were hammered last week with snow, high winds and 4 degree temps.  I believe that my dad in MD will be getting sleet and freezing rain today.  Fortunately, he doesn't have to go anywhere.  Stay warm, Kutira!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

kutrina, I did ordered two of the large hearts bowls from HL, currently have the med and small heart bowls, but have never seen the large hearts, just had to have.  They are referred to as bowls, but seem more like heart shape plates, can't wait to receive them.  Sure did not need any more fiesta, you all are a bad influence on me, lol.

meezerpleezer, persimmon is really a pretty coral, my favorite color.  Most of my collection is persimmon.  When cinnabar, paprika and poppy came out, ordered some complementary pieces to go with persimmon.  Months back ordered the turquoise oval bowls and that color also goes well with persimmon.  Now the new daffodil color, love it, and trying to figure out what piece to get  in the future.   Love all HL colors, except sage/slate, just to dull and sad looking. 

Respected Contributor

@luvGodUSA  Thanks for stopping by!  I really love Persimmon.  It was already retired when I started buying Fiesta.  I have bought some pieces on the Bay and I have found places that still sell new stock.  19 . 99 is a fantastic price for brand new in the box Persimmon place setting.  Liz is trying to sell her stock.  Any way, I now have a fair number of pieces and it does go well with some of the current colors. Maybe @SarahW 's daughter will consider it for her collection.

Did you like any of the new pieces besides the large heart?  I did like the snowman plate and also the tree plate.  As for Daffodil, I like the color yellow but want to see it in person.  I would probably buy a fruit bowl and then bring it home and see how it goes with the other colors, especially the retired colors.