Trusted Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Loved seeing the pictures of the candlewick. Very pretty and that vintage look!

meezer,

The snowman and santa are so cute! I am so glad you found the HL announcement on their FB page from Nov 11, 2013. I tried to find the list, but somehow I missed it.

Professor,

I enjoyed reading your posts about color, etc. So you are a west coaster too! I loved those rainbow creations you posted.

Fiesta is so much fun because you can make everything personal. You don't have to buy place settings. You can choose just the pieces you love. My bowl collection has grown more than I expected.

Hmmm, how many different bowls do I have (for individual servings).... bouillon, fruit, regular bowl (that comes with place setting), small bowl, pasta bowl (Macy's), gusto bowl, small rice bowl (Dillard's) and I will also put the jumbo cup in the list since we sometimes use it as a bowl. I have two medium heart bowls, but I don't really count those as a regular bowl. Wow, that is a lot of bowls, lol.

Lakegirl,

That is so much fun to have your DD & DIL share your love of fiesta! I can imagine how everyone enjoys using it at your lake house.

ellabell,

I enjoyed reading about your kitchen & the colors. I look forward to our kitchen remodel, but not sure when that will be. I would sure love plenty of storage (& display space) for fiesta.

shoekitty,

Yes, we did get some cold temps, a little below freezing. Did not last that long, and we had no precipitation during that time which is good. Don't like the possibility of ice.

I am anxious to hear when your project is completely done, and I know you will be very happy to have it done. It will be so nice!

kutira,

I have seen those older v shaped tall mugs. I like the look of them. I imagine they are getting pretty hard to find. I think it is fun to be on the hunt for a special piece of fiesta. Congrats on your upcoming new condo! You have an amazing collection with the sapphire and lilac!

3d,

I think most people would prefer to choose their own colors for the entertaining set with the bouillon bowls. But, I guess they have it as a set to make it easy for gift giving, or maybe just to give people the idea to buy the pieces and make their own set. I don't know how big of a seller that bread tray is. I don't have the bread tray, but I would use my medium oval platter to serve bread or rolls.

Thanks for posting about the housewares show. I know when it gets closer we will all be counting down the days.

susant,

Glad to see your post. Come back soon!

Wismiss,

That is amazing that now HL has only shamrock in the small mixing bowl. I am so happy I happened to find these on sale and happy to have been able to order peacock. My order has not shipped yet. I am excited to get the pkg with the bowl & my new flamingo individual sugar! Yes, I will be an enabler here whenever possible! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care all!

Trusted Contributor

Meezer, that's cobalt and it also comes in Yellow. I'm also looking on eBay. I MUST have more Chartreuse!!

Anybody living where it's snowing and below zero temps? It's so cold here...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

We're not going to be below zero, but tomorrow's high is supposed to be only 27 degrees and they are calling for a low of 8 degrees. We are supposed to get 1 to 2 inches of snow. I can take the cold; however, I do not like snow.

When I talked to my dad tonight he said the Pittsburgh area had some snow and it was really cold. Luckily he has nowhere to go and I know he is stocked with canned goods, pasta, rice, etc. On our last trip back I had taken him a set of Malden Mills fleece sheets. As always, he complained about me buying things for him, but reluctantly accepted them. I told him once he puts them on the bed during the cold winter, he will find himself washing them and putting them right back on the bed the same day. I know he didn't believe me, but he has now admitted that is what he is doing. I think I'm going to have to get him another set.

Everyone who is experiencing this nasty weather, please stay safe and warm. It's a good time to stay in and look at Fiesta sites!

Trusted Contributor

Marigold covered casserole!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIESTA-WARE-Marigold-COVERED-CASSEROLE-2-PC-RETIRED-2013-/151507536763?pt=L...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Wow! I have that one. I think I used mine once. It was a Christmas gift a couple of years ago from a good friend. I never would have thought it would go up so much in value. Are you going to buy it?

I noticed the same seller has two vintage relish trays. I love the way the base was made back then. I wish HL would do something like that for their new omni trays.

Respected Contributor

Kutira -- do you have the vintage Fiesta napkin holder? There is a NIB in chartreuse on eBay. I have two and I love them. They definitely have the retro feel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chartreuse-Fiesta-Napkin-Dispenser-Holder-/181632503555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain...

Also, have you seen this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiesta-Large-70-Ounce-Round-Chartreuse-Casserole-with-Lid-New-in-Box-/37113...

Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 kutira said:

Marigold covered casserole!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIESTA-WARE-Marigold-COVERED-CASSEROLE-2-PC-RETIRED-2013-/151507536763?pt=L...

Kutira--thanks for the heads up on the Marigold. I have this piece in Persimmon and Turquoise and use them a lot. I wish I had bought the Marigold when it was still being made.

Respected Contributor

Fiestanistas--did anyone else notice that on ebay, sellers are listing Plum as discontinued? Here is an example but I have seen it other places as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiesta-ware-Discontinued-PLUM-4-pc-place-setting-1st-Plum-GONE-/16131798586...

I have not seen anything about Plum being discontinued--anyone else?

Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 kutira said:

Meezer, that's cobalt and it also comes in Yellow. I'm also looking on eBay. I MUST have more Chartreuse!!

Anybody living where it's snowing and below zero temps? It's so cold here...

I love Chartreuse! It is a color that shouldn't have been discontinued.

We are expecting overnight temps at 0 degrees with a high of 20--brrrr! At least we are only going to get snow showers or flurries this time and nothing more ominous. I already have a pot of soup cooking in the crock pot and will probably make bread later today.

Respected Contributor

Oops -- I misunderstood Kutira's post. I thought she wanted to add Marigold to her collection. I could definitely see it with Chartreuse, Lilac and Sapphire. I think it would all look so regal.

Right now it is snowing here, but I think the forecast is still only for a minimal amount. Meezer your soup and homemade bread sounds just like the perfect meal today. I wish you didn't live so far because you might just find me on your doorstep!

Everyone -- take good care.