Trusted Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Baker posted this on another thread and thought I would copy and paste it just in case someone was interested.

Boscovs had open stock Fiesta ware on sale for 50% off, the sales assoc. said they do this once a year after xmas.

I checked on-line and items are on sale, but not at 50% off. We don't have a Boscov's anywhere near us, boo-hoo.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2015 wismiss said:

Baker posted this on another thread and thought I would copy and paste it just in case someone was interested.

Boscovs had open stock Fiesta ware on sale for 50% off, the sales assoc. said they do this once a year after xmas.

I checked on-line and items are on sale, but not at 50% off. We don't have a Boscov's anywhere near us, boo-hoo.

Wismiss--the only Fiesta that I see that is 1/2 off is the retired Peacock. If anyone needs that color, get it now before the stores are empty.

Honored Contributor

Hi all!

Hope everyone is doing well. It has been cold here, about 25 at night and 52 in the day. I know that is swim weather for many of you. LOL! I am enjoying wearing my sweaters and scarves

No the renovation is a bit from being done. The guys have not been here since the week before Christmas, they may start back Tuesday. The pocket doors have been painted and brought over. So they are ready to install. Then they can finish trim. The problem we are having now is the vanity counter. It has some flaws, and they guy has not contacted the contracter yet. Of course the new sink has come and is flawless, but cannot be installed until counter is done

This one sub contractor I have a few issues with, although he did great edging. I am not paying nearly 1700 bucks for a flawed sink.

No new Fiesta. I have so much in my cupboards that if it is all washed, I cannot put 2 pieces away. I have to leave it out! LOL!

Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2015 shoekitty said:

Hi all!

Hope everyone is doing well. It has been cold here, about 25 at night and 52 in the day. I know that is swim weather for many of you. LOL! I am enjoying wearing my sweaters and scarves

No the renovation is a bit from being done. The guys have not been here since the week before Christmas, they may start back Tuesday. The pocket doors have been painted and brought over. So they are ready to install. Then they can finish trim. The problem we are having now is the vanity counter. It has some flaws, and they guy has not contacted the contracter yet. Of course the new sink has come and is flawless, but cannot be installed until counter is done

This one sub contractor I have a few issues with, although he did great edging. I am not paying nearly 1700 bucks for a flawed sink.

No new Fiesta. I have so much in my cupboards that if it is all washed, I cannot put 2 pieces away. I have to leave it out! LOL!

Oh Shoekitty! I know that you will find room in your cupboard for the new Fiesta color especially if it is a nice Jade (me, too)!

Trusted Contributor

meezer: It sounded like Baker had been at Boscov's store because the sales associate said they do this after Christmas. So, apparently if you want the 50% off, you have to go to the store. I don't even know where the closest one would be around here.

Guess I'm in the same position as some of you. The dishwasher has been emptied and I have to rearrange to get two pieces back in the hutch that we just bought last year!!!

Oceantown, guess what? The only small bowl left is shamrock. They have a nice assortment of colors in the medium, including marigold, for anyone who may be interested in marigold.

Shoekitty, things will probably get back to normal now that the holidays have passed. We will want pictures when everything is done, OK?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I spoke too soon about the weather!! OMG, it is going to be 74 next week. Darn it, i give up!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody!! Wismiss, glad you posted here; hope things are okay with you.

Meezer, is Boscov's in the Younker's group; I need to go look!

OK, I'm trying one more time to paste a picture. I really want this from ladishes.com.

FYI, they have a lot of marigold at decent prices...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

I love 1Professor's picture of all the colors stacked up and it got me thinking of how close we are to the new color being announced and then I realized I have no idea when the Chicago Home Show is. I did some checking and found the following:

2015 International Home + Housewares Show Location, Dates & Times

Saturday, March 7: 10:00am - 5:30 pm

Sunday, March 8: 8:30am - 5:30 pm

Monday, March 9: 8:30am - 5:30 pm

Tuesday, March 10: 8:30am - 3:00 pm

They also had the dates for the next two years!
Future International Home + Housewares Show Dates
2016: March 5-8
2017: March 18-21

Since I am not the biggest fan of the months of January and February, this gives me something to look forward to.

Respected Contributor

3d--thanks for the info on the new color release date. I wonder if there will be any clues at all. In any case, let the wishing/guessing begin...

Kutira--I don't think that Boscov's is part of a group of chain stores. They are a PA based store with a few stores in near-by states. It was BonTon who is part of that Younker's store group.

I love the mixer--does it come in other Fiesta colors or just black?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

On 1/4/2015 wismiss said:

Oh, dear, seaswirl, it didn't come through on my computer. Anybody else---did it work on yours? Did you see me post of the steps? What browser are you using? Sometimes that can be the problem, too. Hope you get it figured out, as I am looking forward to your photo.

seaswirl,

I am sorry to say that your picture did not come through for me either. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I will say, don't give up. Wismiss has a good question, what browser are you using?

Like I mentioned earlier, I had to use firefox. But, Wismiss mentioned to click on "open image in new tab", and go to that tab to view the picture. That made all the difference for me. Now it works when I am using chrome. I don't use internet explorer, so I don't know how it works on that.

Take care.