Super Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Oceantown: here's a pic of my shore house Fiestaware. Never mind.....I can't figure out how to paste a picture using photobucket.
Trusted Contributor

Hi seaswirl: I also use photobucket and they have changed some things.

This is what I did to post this picture.

1. Go to library and click on picture.

2. Go to edit.

3. Resize (or otherwise it is too big for this format) I used 250 and the other number is automatically adjusted.

4. Apply

5. Save

6. Click on "Open image in new tab"

7. Go to new tab

8. Right click on "copy image"

9. Come here and click "paste"

It used to be a lot easier and less steps than this, but maybe they had to beef up the steps for more security or install a new system and this is now what you have to do.

Hope it works for you. I am looking forward to your photo of the shore house Fiestaware.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Welcome back, susant! Glad you are able to join us.

Shoekitty--I have never seen the blue Candlewick. It is very pretty. My mother had the exact butter dish in your picture.

We have had discussions like this before concerning vintage pieces, Fiesta or other brands. It isn't that I want Fiesta to make colored versions of Candlewick or anything like that. It is just that when we look back on vintage pieces like older Fiesta or Candlewick or others, there were so many nice pieces that are no longer made anymore. Look at the handled cake plate and hostess tray, the cream soup bowls and the covered condiment jars. They were very nice and could be used for other things besides the intended use. I remember some of us--probably 3d because she is very creative-putting together pieces to create very nice serveware. It would be nice for HL to introduce some new things like they are doing with the Omni trays and creating a whole new group of hostess pieces that could also have everyday uses as well. I love the versatility and colors of Fiesta.

Respected Contributor

Wismiss--that bread looks sooooo good, especially in that Lemongrass loaf pan.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone: I decided I needed to get caught up with posts, so this might be somewhat lengthy.

First of all, Welcome to all newcomers. This is one of the best threads not only because we all have a fondness for Fiesta but because there are some of the nicest people here that you will ever "meet". No snarkiness or anything. Just a lot of fellowship, support, and genuine concern for others.

kittyfan: Enjoyed your post and hope to hear frequently from you in 2015. I like the reindeer plates, also, and think the reindeer is so cute.

RainGirl: What a nice gift for your daughter and niece. And the recipe for emergency brownies sounds interesting, too.

Susant: Hope you will be able to post more often. Love hearing from you. A Happy New Year to you, too.

surprise: Good to hear from you and hope things will be a little less hectic in 2015 so we can hear from you frequently. We miss you and of course miss Cass and Mango.

CalminTheHeart: What a treasure to have your vintage Fiesta. What would have been the colors of Fiestaware of that period? So glad to hear you carried forward the tradition with the unleaded Fiesta.

KaySD: Thank you for sharing your Fiesta "history". Your Fiesta may be "gone but not forgotten", right? Do your children use their Fiesta? Some of the vintage pieces have such nice lines and details. I also like sunflower. In fact, most of my baking pieces and bowls are sunflower. I think it is such a "happy" color. I would LOVE to have a teapot in sunflower. I hope you are able to find one at a good price.

Seaswirl: I think the fact that you have Fiesta in both of your homes is a testament to its desirability. It's fun to mix the colors, isn't it?

1Professor: My "go to" Fiesta item is the gusto bowl. We not only use it for serving soups on these cold, cold days, but I just love it for refrigerating fruit. Keeps fruit so nice and cold that I think the fruit lasts longer. I also use it for pre-mixing parts of a recipe. I have five of them in assorted colors and probably could use at least one more.

I, also, do not have any place settings of Fiesta. My everyday dinnerware is partially from my Mom who is now gone and I just don't have the heart to go to anything else.

ellabell: I am a fairly new Fiestanista, so I don't recall meeting you before, but look forward to your future visits. It sounds like Santa was very good to you in the Fiesta department. I, too, started about the time marigold was being discontinued. I did manage to get a few pieces, but my prize is a marigold soup tureen with ladle that a few of us here got for a fantastic price from Bon-Tons (and its associated stores--mine came from Bergner's).

Shoekitty: Just a few days to your knee surgery. What will the doctor be doing? I hope everything goes well and your recovery just speeds right along.

Is the renovation completed now? I know you had some setbacks, but I am sure this time next year you won't remember those but will only enjoy looking at your fabulous new on suite.

I love the picture of the Riviera dinnerware. It is so graceful and so intricate in its pattern. Has a lot of personality.

3d: The pictures of your omni trays are just so beautiful. You did a very nice job of choosing your colors. I, like others, am surprised a tray with a built up edge is not offered in assorted colors. That way you could pick all five colors you wanted.

Thanks, also, for the pictures of your tablescape. It looked very pretty and so inviting. Poor kitty, though. I don't think ours would even let us put anything on her head, so you have a good kitty cat. The lemon trifle looked just luscious. I love lemon. My aunt used to make the best lemon meringue pie (of course from scratch). Makes my mouth water just thinking of your trifle and her pie.

meezer: So glad you are back from your Dad's, but sorry to hear that his health is a worry. It is difficult to watch them have problems and it is compounded when you live far away.

The snowman and Santa are just too adorable. Someone is very creative. I never would have guessed that Fiesta was used in making them.

I have always liked the candlewick pattern. Simple elegance. I especially love the jam jar with the matching spoon. Glass----not plastic. How nice.

I do so agree with you about the vintage pieces. Not necessariy the colors, but the actual piece. They used to have a jam jar with a slot for a spoon, and I do love the soup bowls with the handles, would love a cake plate with handles, and wish they would maybe update the profile of some older pieces and then make them available again.

donasmom: Again, thank you for starting the new thread. I think it was a good idea, as many new people have posted. The more the merrier.

Your Christmas gift from your husband and daughter was so thoughtful. Collecting Fiesta makes it much easier for people to know what to buy and it is a gift that will be cherished. You bought some interesting pieces from dishesfast. Have they arrived yet? Did they get to your house safely?

I just looked on e-bay and the colander ends in about 3 hours. Are you going to bid on it?

Oceantown: Thank you for sharing the info about the small bowl and the individual sugar bowl. Are you going to be our enabler of the year?

Lakegirl: So good to hear from you again. Please keep in touch. It is so nice that your DD and DIL share your interest in Fiesta. What fun it must be for all three of your to go Fiesta shopping/hunting together.

Ury: What a nice pop of color the lemongrass is for the scarlet and ivory. That's so cute that your grandson wanted his own color. We have to keep it going, right?

imashopper: Sorry you didn't find any Fiesta bargains at Dillard's. Maybe they'll have a sale later in a month or so.

Kutira: Ooooooh, a new condo in the spring. How exciting that will be. Then your lilac and sapphire can come out of storage. How are you feeling? Hope you are better.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2015 wismiss said:

Hi seaswirl: I also use photobucket and they have changed some things.

This is what I did to post this picture.

1. Go to library and click on picture.

2. Go to edit.

3. Resize (or otherwise it is too big for this format) I used 250 and the other number if automatically adjusted.

4. Apply

5. Save

6. Click on "Open image in new tab"

7. Go to new tab

8. Right click on "copy image"

9. Come here and click "paste"

It used to be a lot easier and less steps than this, but maybe they had to beef up the steps for more security or install a new system and this is now what you have to do.

Hope it works for you. I am looking forward to your photo of the shore house Fiestaware.

POSTING PHOTOS:

I'm not the most tech savy person, but it's always been easy for me to post a photo in these threads, so I thought I'd mention it, to encourage those who might become discouraged with a long list of protocols.

I just find an image on the web I like, then click on it and drag to the reply I'm writing. Nothing else.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Professor 1: Yes, that works for pictures found on the web and is a good review. I think, but maybe I was mistaken, seaswirl was asking how to post one of her own pictures. Oceantown and 3d post pictures from their camera/smartphone. My bread picture was from my camera and for some reason I have to go through several steps. I don't have a smartphone so I don't know about how to post from there. I am pretty sure Oceantown does it from her smartphone since she purchased one. Maybe Oceantown has a much more efficient way to post photos.

I, like you, am a rainbow person. Your web picture was just a colorful example. Fiesta has so many pretty colors and some color combinations that I cannot visualize are really pretty when seen in person.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Wismiss,

I have so much to catch up on here!

You gave great photo instructions. Sometimes I have issues with photobucket. I found when I used firefox instead of chrome, it seemed to copy & paste easier. So, reading your instructions I gave it a try on chrome. YES! I followed your instruction by right clicking on photo and clicking on "open image in new tab". Then from the new tab, right clicked on the photo and clicked on "copy image".

Pasted here and it worked perfectly! Yeah! The key for me was opening the image in the new tab like you said.

Thanks, Wismiss for those great instructions.

Seaswirl, be sure to choose "copy image" not "copy image URL". You can do it! I really look forward to seeing your pictures.

This is a medium heart bowl on my 15-inch turquoise tray. This picture is also saved at 250 size for the width.

Wismiss, I love your bread photo! Looks so delicious. It looks like a perfect loaf. Look how high it raised, wow!

BTW, yes I use my smart phone camera, but I still save my photos on photobucket and post from there.

Professor,

Thanks for the review of posting photos from the web! I always click on copy & then paste here. I love that beautiful photo you posted! I don't think I can ever get tired of looking at pictures of Fiesta.

Take care, Everyone! I still have more reading to catch up here!

Super Contributor

Here 'ya go. Played around with this picture ALL day.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, dear, seaswirl, it didn't come through on my computer. Anybody else---did it work on yours? Did you see me post of the steps? What browser are you using? Sometimes that can be the problem, too. Hope you get it figured out, as I am looking forward to your photo.