Trusted Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Hi, CalminTheHeart,

How nice that you inherited a set of original Fiesta! Makes it even more special when you have such fond memories.

I really like reading that you have enjoyed Fiesta for 20 years or so. These dishes last and last and look great doing it.

Thanks for posting, Calm!

Super Contributor

You all sound great! I always wondered what that huge Fiesta thread was about... I worked with a Fiesta collector in the 70s, and he sold a whole set of odds and ends from his collection. At that time, they were out of manufacture, I believe. I set a motley table, but my children adored all the colors and I enjoyed them as well. Finally I made a major move and used the occasion to pack up the whole set and pass them along to them. I kept one small ivory bowl with handles that I especially loved, but which has now gone to pottery heaven. For years after that, all my dishware has been off white, but recently, I wanted some small bowls of a size I used to call fruit bowls. Turns out they are quite uncommon these days, but I found some new Fiesta ones in sunflower that took my fancy. Now I find myself seeing Fiesta everywhere, yearning over teapots, fondling footed bowls in shops, rooting around antique stores. You know how it is. So it's fun for me to hear about you happy collectors, and nice to see a shiny new thread starting. Cheers for 2015!

Super Contributor

Hi Kay! Loved reading about your Fiesta from "back in the day". I started with a baking dish and then started going to Vintage sales with a dear friend. I remember my joy in finding a teapot for about $4.00 and cream soup bowls for about that. Although I like getting new items as much as the next person, it's those Treasure Hunts that I savor. Such fun!

The posters here are a wealth if information and help, look forward to "seeing" you again.

Super Contributor

The little ramekins (2 colors shown) are so adorable. I think I NEED some. May I ask what you use them for?

My collection is multicolored in my primary home and 6 colors in my shore home. I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Professor & everyone,

I do not have that cutlery set, but it sure looks great. I like the wooden holder and especially the shape of it. Reminds me of the disc pitcher.

I just have to share with all of you.........

Whoo-hoo, I was looking at HL's website and I found the small mixing bowl drastically reduced in price. I have wanted this for quite a while. This is the curved bowl (number 421), and is the same shape as the covered casserole. There are only 3 colors available at this time, peacock, shamrock, and tangerine. I bought the peacock, and it is regular $22.99, and it is now $12.99. This bowl is 7 1/2 inches in diameter and is listed as holding 44 oz. I think it will be pretty small. I love the shape of it.

I already have the peacock covered casserole which is this shape, and I have the medium size mixing bowl in rose, which I bought while antiquing. All 3 will nest together.

They also have the medium size, (number 422) on sale for $14.99. Regular price, $27.00. There are many colors available in the medium size, even marigold & flamingo.

They still have flamingo on sale, and so I also ordered the flamingo individual sugar bowl. Too cute:

Individual Covered Sugar Flamingo (498)

I had to share this info for anyone interested!

Well, back to watching the football game.

Take care, everyone.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 oceantown said:

Hi, Professor & everyone,

I do not have that cutlery set, but it sure looks great. I like the wooden holder and especially the shape of it. Reminds me of the disc pitcher.

I just have to share with all of you.........

Whoo-hoo, I was looking at HL's website and I found the small mixing bowl drastically reduced in price. I have wanted this for quite a while. This is the curved bowl (number 421), and is the same shape as the covered casserole. There are only 3 colors available at this time, peacock, shamrock, and tangerine. I bought the peacock, and it is regular $22.99, and it is now $12.99. This bowl is 7 1/2 inches in diameter and is listed as holding 44 oz. I think it will be pretty small. I love the shape of it.

I already have the peacock covered casserole which is this shape, and I have the medium size mixing bowl in rose, which I bought while antiquing. All 3 will nest together.

They also have the medium size, (number 422) on sale for $14.99. Regular price, $27.00. There are many colors available in the medium size, even marigold & flamingo.

They still have flamingo on sale, and so I also ordered the flamingo individual sugar bowl. Too cute:

Individual Covered Sugar Flamingo (498)

I had to share this info for anyone interested!

Well, back to watching the football game.

Take care, everyone.

Your mixing bowl looks delightful, oceantown (which coast?)! I have the covered casserole in peacock and love it. Also have the wee sugar bowl with lid, in tangerine. Always makes me smile!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Professor!

Oh, I forgot to thank you for your nice comment about my little bouillon bowl (butter server)!

I am on the west coast, and the Oregon Duck's game is on, so I am posting & watching football.

We both have the same covered casserole! The tangerine sugar is so cute. A very happy color. I have some tangerine too. I have a turquoise individual sugar bowl, so the flamingo will be my 2nd. The indiv. sugar and the indiv. creamer are both being discontinued! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

donasmom,

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I love the title!

Kay SD,

Enjoyed your post! I enjoy checking out the antique stores too. It is a fun to hunt for fiesta.

seaswirl,

I would love to see your pictures.

The little bouillon bowls are nice to put on a larger plate for something like coleslaw, applesauce, veggies such as corn or peas, or broth for dipping a toasty panini. Nice bowl for little servings of snacks, such as chex mix, or peanuts. Nice for dips. Nice for a serving of salsa. Good for a good-size scoop of ice cream.... portion control! Makes the ice cream look like a full serving. A regular size bowl with one scoop would look pretty sad. But, the bouillon bowl with one scoop looks appetizing! I also find the bouillon bowl comfortable to hold, and easy to eat out of. It has a curved inside edge at the bottom of the dish. They also stack pretty well too.

Do you have blues in your shore home? My first fiesta purchase was 4 jumbo cups from amazon in the beach colors of cobalt, peacock, turquoise & white!

Frequent Contributor

What a wonderful thread!! So happy it is being continued. I also have a rainbow of dishes. I enjoy using them everyday.
Esteemed Contributor

My fiesta colors are scarlet, ivory (looks more like cornmeal or butter) and lemongrass. Having fun with the colors. Grandson wanted his personal color so he has one set of lapis blue.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

Happy new year everyone! Smiley Happy Today was the big sale at Dillard's and unfortunately I didn't find any clearanced Fiestaware. Mom and I did do some shopping and found some other bargains, though!