Respected Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

You are the friendliest Q-threaders ever! Tossing out iridescent welcome mats.

Two of the shapes I'm using a lot now are the rice bowl:

Item image

and the little ramekin bowl:

Fiestaware Ramekin Bowl in Tangerine, Homer Laughlin Fiesta NEW!

I have, yes, crayola-colored stacks of them! (By the way, if anyone's on Twitter, I tweet whimsy, poetry, and crayon-themed bits as @WordWhispers.)

Respected Contributor

1Professor--I have a question about your ramekin. Do you know if HL changed the design of the ramekin? I was looking at your picture and then one from the HL website. Yours seems to be more curved on the side than the pictures on the HL site. I cut and pasted your pic and then did the same for the Plum ramekin which I found on HL's site. I like the look of yours better:

Fiestaware Ramekin Bowl in Tangerine, Homer Laughlin Fiesta NEW!Stock Up Sale: <br>Buy 6 Ramekins, <br>Pay for 5

The reason that I ask is that I am buying ramekins right now and have a few but would really rather have the shape of yours.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 meezerpleezer said:

1Professor--I have a question about your ramekin. Do you know if HL changed the design of the ramekin? I was looking at your picture and then one from the HL website. Yours seems to be more curved on the side than the pictures on the HL site. I cut and pasted your pic and then did the same for the Plum ramekin which I found on HL's site. I like the look of yours better:

Fiestaware Ramekin Bowl in Tangerine, Homer Laughlin Fiesta NEW!Stock Up Sale: <br>Buy 6 Ramekins, <br>Pay for 5

The reason that I ask is that I am buying ramekins right now and have a few but would really rather have the shape of yours.

Alas, yes, they changed. However, many ramekins with my lovely curve shape are on eBay. There's a lot of reputable Fiestaware eBay sellers, thankfully. Helps when I'm trying to find illusive violet, lavender, and other discontinued colors!

Respected Contributor

1Professor--I know that it is way too early but we have been discussing the new color(s) for 2015 now that Peacock and Black have been discontinued. The first week in March will be here before you know it. Do you have a certain color that you are hoping that HL will make in its Fiesta line? I am hoping for a nice Jade. A few of the other ladies were looking for Gray.

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year, Fiesta friends!

Welcome, 1Professor! I am very happy you found us. This is a great group.

That is so interesting about your ramekin shape. I had no idea there was another shape made. I have no ramekins but I do have bouillon bowls and I really like them. I use one of them for a butter server. It actually fits in the butter compartment of our frig so it is very handy. I also enjoy our rice bowls. I have the small size rice bowls. Isn't that such a great shape.

Take care and come here often to chat!

Trusted Contributor

Wismiss, thanks for giving the update on your dear brother. I hope you both get some encouraging news. You are both in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 oceantown said:

Happy New Year, Fiesta friends!

Welcome, 1Professor! I am very happy you found us. This is a great group.

That is so interesting about your ramekin shape. I had no idea there was another shape made. I have no ramekins but I do have bouillon bowls and I really like them. I use one of them for a butter server. It actually fits in the butter compartment of our frig so it is very handy. I also enjoy our rice bowls. I have the small size rice bowls. Isn't that such a great shape.

Take care and come here often to chat!

You've explained it, oceantown. I've been calling them ramekins (shows up on eBay that way, too), but on the fiestaware site, these are, actually, bouillion bowls:

Bouillon Lemongrass (450)

https://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/p-2437-bouillon-flamingo-450.aspx

Trusted Contributor

1Professor,

Wow, you have the bouillon bowls! I could not tell from the angle of the picture of the bowl. I love the bouillon bowls. It is a cute bowl to serve one scoop of ice cream, or a few small scoops. I have used it for bouillon too, hahah!

My little butter server!

photo 3744b8b5-e273-49c7-9c42-ca42a09a7149_zps7a42ba90.jpg

Honored Contributor

I inherited a set of the original Fiesta from my uncle who inherited them from his parents. They have lead in them so I don't use them but I love them. We always used them when we were little kids at Grandpa's house, back in the 50s and early 60s. Such fond memories.

I have used Fiesta as my everyday dishes for 20 years or more. I have lots of colors so tables are bright and cheery.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 oceantown said:

1Professor,

Wow, you have the bouillon bowls! I could not tell from the angle of the picture of the bowl. I love the bouillon bowls. It is a cute bowl to serve one scoop of ice cream, or a few small scoops. I have used it for bouillon too, hahah!

My little butter server!

photo 3744b8b5-e273-49c7-9c42-ca42a09a7149_zps7a42ba90.jpg

Quite an adorable butter dish, at that! I've used them for ice cream, puddings, fruit cups, spreads, and soup or dips.

Right now I'm tempted by the 11-piece cutlery set, which would look so colorful on the counter, in addition to replacing my disorganized motley drawer of knives. It's on sale at Macy's ($149.99 now $99.99 plus 15% off and whatever coupons one has). Does anyone have it??

Fiesta 11-Piece Soft Grip Cutlery Set