Respected Contributor

Re: Staub Cast Iron 3.75 qt Essential French Oven..

I have the Staub Pumpkin Cocotte and the Tomato Cocotte.  I believe both of them are 3.75 quarts.  The shape of those two look like they would hold a chicken. I use them mostly for soups or stews.  I love them.  The only Le Crueset I've owned is the wok and grill pan from a long long time ago.  I don't even know where those 2 things are...  But I do love the Staub products...

Respected Contributor

I love cooking in enamel cast iron but they weigh a ton, and sometimes I need my DH to hold it while I scoop out the food.  I am fairly strong and fit but I actually barely ever use mine because it’s too heavy...  Now I prefer Curtis Stone cookware or ceramic bottom Cuisinart.  So much easier to handle. Just to keep this in mind before buying. 

Valued Contributor

The thing I don't like about Staub is the dark non-stick coating they use on their products.  I prefer the nearly white ceramic nonstick that Le Creuset uses.   The Staub pieces seem even heavier than LeCreuset items if that is an issue for people.

Valued Contributor

My Staub is over 20 years old and doesn't have a black interior.  It has the same interior as Le Cresuet.  I like them both.