Super Contributor

Been battling cough and eye problems this past week and my daughter brought me a "medicine bomb". And it was WONDERFUL. Starts with green tea and then whatever else they add. 

It was so soothing. I have never had any Starbucks products so didn't know what to expect. Took me to the Dr yesterday and I had to go through Starbucks for another bomb. They didn/t have any honey as they are having a hard time getting it, so we added the honey at home.

Highly recommend it!

Contributor

Re: Starbucks Medicine Bomb

[ Edited ]

For those who might be curious- this is the typical "recipe" for Medicine Ball (tho sbux doesn't like the name haha liability) - some people add flavor syrup like vanilla and/or peppermint too. 

• 1 Venti cup with half hot water and half steamed lemonade
  • 1 bag of Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea
  • 1 bag of Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea
  • Packet of honey

Edit to add: I thought they did add it to their menu, and they did, with an official drink name of "Honey Citrus Mint Tea"

Respected Contributor

@mmm12  Thank you for providing the formula and @SeasonedCitizen thank you for your post.

Always happy to see new remedies for easing colds and such.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

I have never tried it but I have a friend who swears by its medicinal properties.

Regular Contributor

I  have been getting Medicine ball tea at Starbuck's for several 

years...it's so good and soothing. Helps us feel better.

I also have the recipe and sometimes make at home.

Simple to make and tastes good.

Respected Contributor

Yes it's called a "medicine ball" not "medicine bomb". They used to make it with honey blend syrup but that's been discontinued, or is temporarily unavailable at least.

For a Venti it's typically two honey packets.

Honored Contributor

I will absolutely vouch for a good ginger and lemon tea of any brand.  And for ginger in general.  A small piece of candied ginger is what we take for any tummy ache and it really really works!

So I'd add some ginger tea to the "bomb!"  FOR sure!  

Honored Contributor

I can vouch for how good they are.  Whenever I'm on the verge of not feeling well or I'm getting run down, I stop and get one.  Last year when I had Covid, I lived on them. 

Respected Contributor

clueless here ! what's a vendi cup? How much would 1/2 be?