Respected Contributor

Re: Starbucks Holiday Blend

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP: Allright...maybe I'll try it again next year. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I didn't like this year's holiday blend.  I thought it had a bitter, sharp acrid taste.  I was glad to finish the bag yesterday.  

Respected Contributor

What a relief, Doodles, I am not the only one who thought it had a bitter flavor!  Whatever they put in it to give it "maple" notes went very wrong.  I was starting to think I got a bad box of K-cups, but you noticed it in the ground coffee in the bag.  We'll have to hope for better luck next year!

Regular Contributor

I prefer Peet's Dark Roast Holiday Blend Coffee.  It comes in groung and k-cups. It's not as bitter as Starbucks. I've stocked up and have plenty to last until next Christmas! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I also like two from Gloria Jeans. Winter Wonderland and Mocha Merrymint. Both are delicious. One more but it is non flavored. Christmas morning. All three are very good!  Merry Christmas to all you wonderful forum posters!

Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

What a relief, Doodles, I am not the only one who thought it had a bitter flavor!  Whatever they put in it to give it "maple" notes went very wrong.  I was starting to think I got a bad box of K-cups, but you noticed it in the ground coffee in the bag.  We'll have to hope for better luck next year!

Right on.  that maple must have been burned caramel because it sure was bitter.  Glad I only bought one bag.

Trusted Contributor

@Happy54 --I think I found a pretty good dupe for SB Holiday blend!

Just before Thanksgiving I ordered a case of coffee from Intelligent blends.  It's called Maud's - The house blend is so similar to SB it's uncanny.

So...to add to the story-  Ordered at or sometime between Tgiving and the second (?) week of December.  My coffee never came.  I didn't really think about it with the Holiday rush etc.  Then I was going through my card statement and realized I never got my shipment.

I copied the ship receipt over to their CS, they sent out a new box.  I think it arrived around the second week of January.  CS is nice but I have to say..slow service. Then...

Low and behold...The first box arrived a week ago-  I now have 200 coffee pods, not to mention the flavored box here and there.

I need an addition to the house......for coffee storage..... 

Honored Contributor

lots of it available on AMAZON.

i had no idea they changed the flavor of the chritmas blend each year?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein