Honored Contributor

Stainless steel sink with a sink grid

Do any of you out there that have a stainless steel sink use a sink grid on the bottom of your sink to prevent scratches? I never knew of these until recently. I have two stainless sinks that are fairly new, but from wear, are now scratched. Are these sink grids a good idea for a new sink? Thanks!

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

Re: Stainless steel sink with a sink grid

I have stainless steel grids that our contractor included with both of our kitchen sinks.  I had never seen them previously but I think they saved the sink bases from a lot of scratches as I was concerned in the change from porcelain to stainless. . They are another thing to clean but serve a useful purpose.  I also use a clear Rubbermaid sink divider to save the look!

Respected Contributor

I use steel wool to scrub mine so I've probably put more scratches in myself.   I do have a dish drainer on one side tho.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

When I updated my kitchen last month, I installed a new 9" deep stainless steel sink that came with a sink grid.  My husband kept taking the grid out, and I kept putting the grid back, and stacking dishes on top of it.   I think he finally figured out why it is there, as he leaves it in place now.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have the sink grid. I love it. I would not be without it. I clean mine, but if it ever gets to the point where it looks bad, I would buy a new one.

Respected Contributor

I have ss sink grids for my double bowl sinks.  They do prevent scratches.  They can be a bear to clean.