Super Contributor

Stainless Steel pots and pans and burning issues...not the food but the pans

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll try here and on the Home forum, so here goes:

I have been using WP Pots and Pans for 15+ years. They are his original Bistro line so they can not be used on induction cooktops. My family will be taking a trip this winter and having the ability to cook in out hotel room will be a great benefit (diabetic issues). I purchased the NUwave induction cooktop last month so I needed to purchase a few induction ready pots and pans. I choose a 3 from TJMAxx the brand name is David Burke, stainless steel inside and out (I prefer stainless to nonstick interiors) with red silicone handles. The issue I am having, which by the way I do NOT have with my WP cookware, is that when I attempt to sear (brown) meats the pan begins to brown and burn yet the meat isn't browned. I hope that I am explaining this properly. I do not cook using high heat and I know very well how to cook using stainless steel cookware. Does anyone know what is causing this issue and/or how to fix it. TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stainless Steel pots and pans and burning issues...not the food but the pans

howwhatwhen, I answered your other post....not sure if it will be helpful, though.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

Re: Stainless Steel pots and pans and burning issues...not the food but the pans

Thanks I'll go check it out

Honored Contributor

Please inquire in advance whether your hotel allows cooking in rooms. Some have very strict rules due to local statutes (fire and otherwise).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Desertdi said:

Please inquire in advance whether your hotel allows cooking in rooms. Some have very strict rules due to local statutes (fire and otherwise).

Yes, thank you, we had to pass on a lot of places because of this...but we found a few, while not the larger chain hotels, still nice.