Valued Contributor

I miss Stacey also.. But then with Mary I will be saving money as I wont watch her so I wont be tempted to buy anything. I will watch again when Stacey returns.

Super Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@libdem - I think it's very likely that Stacey will also be taking a vacation while David is away; I'm sure she wants to spend more time with her kids during their holiday break if she can.

Stacey was on air today, so she is not on vacation.  I do not know why Mary gets to host both shows over Stacey....
Respected Contributor

David was on facebook he is returning Jan 8th. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree - the show is so much better with David and Mary.

Contributor

I just changed the channel. Is Stacey gone from ITKWD? I too will be saving a lot of money if Mary is back on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stacey ITKWD

[ Edited ]

I am disappointed that there was no mention of Stacey at opening of ITKWD today.  Maybe I missed it....don't think so.  We have been seeing more of Mary lately.  I like Stacey.  She stepped in when Mary moved onto a host position.  I think she has done well.  I do like Mary too. 

I just feel Stacey deserves some recognition since she has been the regular for awhile.  Stacey does have two young sons so I hope she enjoys her Sunday with them.

Esteemed Contributor

There is some speculation in what I'm about to write, so take it for what it's worth: Mary was scheduled to cohost a certain number of shows with David at the end of 2019 (this part is actually something that was stated on air), but due to her thyroid cancer procedures, she ended up missing a few weeks of her hosting duties. I think she may be filling in on ITKWD shows now to make up for that missing time, which would have allowed Stacey to take some time off. I would imagine that Stacey may be back in her regular Sunday slot on ITKWD as early as next week (and she has still been on the show every Wednesday). I guess we'll see what happens...

Honored Contributor

I only had time to watch a few minutes of the last few shows. I assumed that they made an announcement about Mary taking her old spot back.  I guess they didn't.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Stacey ITKWD

[ Edited ]

Stacey responded to posters on her FB page.  She said she is now going to be hosting her own shows on the weekends.  She will, however, continue to be on the Wednesday night weekly editions of ITKWD.

But since they have not announced it on the show yet, it's not clear if Mary is back on Sundays with David.  Mary may only be filling in while one of the newer hosts comes up to speed and fills in as the new permanent sidekick for Sundays. 

We shall see.

Honored Contributor

David, Mary, and Stacey all made the joint announcement yesterday on their social media pages. 

As stated before, Stacey will no longer be the social media host on Sunday ITKWD shows, but she will continue to do so on the Wednesday shows. 

Mary is indeed taking over the social media duties on Sunday's ITKWD. Mary also said that the decision was actually made earlier, but they wanted to wait until she recuperated and returned to work so they could all make the announcement together.