Honored Contributor

Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce

Saw this in a recipe yesterday for Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles. I'd never heard of it before. Does anyone here use it, and how "hot" is it. I like spicy (probably medium), but I wondered about this.

Is there a cook able to fill me in on it's heat strength?

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce

We use it. It is VERY hot. Can't you just use less in the recipe?

Respected Contributor

I can't eat a lot of spicy stuff, but like "Rooster Sauce". Mix it with mayo and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. I just use a little bit. I like to dip my fried shrimp in this mixture.

All I can say is get some and try the smallest amount and add more if needed.

Honored Contributor

yup, will do, thanks both of you.

Trusted Contributor

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it.......{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Now, I eat really hot foods, and for those faint at heart, a handful or less drops will do.....The town in CA where it is made wants the factory shut down because of the, say aroma, coming from the factory......I agree to mix with mayo (like to dip my pot stickers in this, or cut with soy/Ponzu sauce.....If your recipe calls for peanut butter, then I would mix in some really well in that, and then taste prior to adding to your recipe....as you can always add more, but you can not take it out..........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} How about letting us see the recipe.....Sounds like something I would like......

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

I use it straight. It's high on flavor and low on heat for me.

I've only met one hot sauce that blew me away: Dave's Ultimate Hot Sauce.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

My son uses it like ketchup and I don't know how he does it! I've rinsed the bottle before throwing it into the recycle bin, and just rinsing it out burned my eyes.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 forrestwolf said:

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it.......{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Now, I eat really hot foods, and for those faint at heart, a handful or less drops will do.....The town in CA where it is made wants the factory shut down because of the, say aroma, coming from the factory......I agree to mix with mayo (like to dip my pot stickers in this, or cut with soy/Ponzu sauce.....If your recipe calls for peanut butter, then I would mix in some really well in that, and then taste prior to adding to your recipe....as you can always add more, but you can not take it out..........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} How about letting us see the recipe.....Sounds like something I would like......

Sure will forrest, read the next post.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, gosh, I just love this stuff!

Honored Contributor

1/4 C creamy peanut butter

1/2 C. reduced-sodium chicken broth

1/4 C. lemon juice

1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce

4 tsp. sriracha Asian hot chili sauce

1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

12 oz. uncooked multigrain spaghetti

1 lb. lean ground chicken

1 1/2 C. julienned carrots

1 med. sweet red pepper, chopped

1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 C. finely chopped unsalted peanuts

4 green onions, chopped

In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients til blended. Cook spaghetti and drain. In a large skillet, cook chicken and carrots, pepper and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes till no longer pink, break up chicken into crumbles and drain.

Stir in peanut butter mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 3-5 minutes or till the sauce is slightly thickened.

Serve sauce with spaghetti with chopped peanuts and green onions.