Respected Contributor

It does not say if they are heat resistant or dishwasher safe. How are these???

Honored Contributor

They are Silicone so of course they're dishwasher safe and heat resistant.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The silicone spurtles are junk, save your money

I only used mine for mixing batter, etc

20221009_131204.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: Spurdle utensils

[ Edited ]

Mine aremade of wood and I absolutely adore them....

Esteemed Contributor

I have both wood and silicone and find myself reaching for the wooden ones over silicone every time.  If I fry a quick hamburger I use wood to turn.  Never has a problem.  Wash wooden ones by by hand.  It's a personal choice.  

Respected Contributor

I have both and I find the silicone to be good.  But the wood ones splinter on the sides and I'm afraid that wood will fall into my food when I stir it.  I do tap them on the side of pans when cooking, so I assume that's what did the splintering.  So I won't be buying any wooden ones again. I probably won't buy any again.

Honored Contributor

I have a bunch of the silicone ones. I use some of them several times a week, and certain ones daily. So far, so good.  I also have some wooden ones. I had too pitch one because I accidentally burned it. 🔥 😬 

Honored Contributor

Re: Spurdle utensils

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I have both and I find the silicone to be good.  But the wood ones splinter on the sides and I'm afraid that wood will fall into my food when I stir it.  I do tap them on the side of pans when cooking, so I assume that's what did the splintering.  So I won't be buying any wooden ones again. I probably won't buy any again.

Same here @luvmybeetle 

My wooden splintered even tho they NEVER went in the dishwasher.

Always washed by hand AND dried immediately.  I would never buy the wooden again either.

Most did this before the warranty was up, but you can't reach ANYONE to get replacements!  Emails unaswered, no phone number.

I LOVE the silicone.  Have had no problems, no splinters and I use them every single day.

The pic above looks like the mixer beaters hit them!

Regular Contributor

I had bought the wooden set when it was offered a couple of years ago.  I was very disappointed after just one use -- they started splintering along the edges at the top of each spurtle.  Never used them again.  They were supposed to be a "collector's item" == they are, if you never want to use them.  

Respected Contributor

I love my silicone spurdles.  I've had them for years and have no problems whatsoever.  I make hard crack candies like toffee with zero problems.  Have given as gifts and everyone is  loving them.