Honored Contributor

Speaking of our vintage kitchen items...

Around holiday time, my neighbor came to borrow a loaf pan.  It was her first attempt at baking pumpkin bread. I handed her the one I use most often, a Pyrex loaf pan that I got at my bridal shower.  She took it and said, "Oh, it's vintage! I love that!"

I just thought it was a loaf pan... it seems so much more special now, lol 😀

Have your "purchased new" items turned vintage, too?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of our vintage kitchen items...

When I got married in 1969 I received a wedding gift of a set of corning ware pots. They are now definitely vintage - and I still have them. They are 48 years old and still surviving.

Respected Contributor

I got married in 1973 and just about everything in my kitchen is vintage. I too have pyrex loaf pans and casserole bowls. I was trying to think of my newest item in my kitchen and I think it is my Wolfgang Puck cookware---13 years old.

Honored Contributor

I have some Pyrex bowls that were my mom's . My kitchenaid mixer couldn't be called vintage, but I received it in 1981, and it's still going strong.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I have the bowl from my grandmother's 1950's era Sunbeam mixer. I also have a 1970's melmac mixing bowl from my mother's kitchen. It's my popcorn bowl.
Trusted Contributor

I have one last piece of Revere Ware - a Dutch oven-type pot - that was my mothers. That is at least from the 1960s, if not even earlier. I had many more but over the years I didn't like how the interior finish was looking with scratches and burnt spots with so I finally trashed them.

I also have the stainless steel flatware from the 1960s or earlier and still use it everyday.

Super Contributor

When I married my husband in 1970, my best friend and others gave me the white

Corning ware with a blue flower for shower gifts.

Skip to now, with my dear hubby of 26 years, we have the collection still from my first

marriage.

The things still look great even though they have  been used all these years.

Honored Contributor

I have pieces from both my mother & grandmother boxed - just couldn't part with them, to many wonderful memories. They are the cornflower on the white -

But the one piece I used a lot (until I dropped it😢) was the rectangular w/cover in the Spice pattern

IMG_1824.JPG

I love vintage corningware & I still go to the outlet store when I'm in NJ.

Respected Contributor

I have a canister set and cookie jar that were my aunts made by Esmond. They are very old. I treasure them. My mixing bowls are old. I am old too!

Esteemed Contributor

I have fallen in love with "vintage" kitchens all over again.  My favorite things to look at on pinterest.  I have been collecting vintage pyrex, corning ware, and corelle for some time now.  I just love it all.  What work horses they are-just keep them out of the dishwasher unless indicated!  Just for the record, I am vintage also-I'm 60 plus!   And it has somewhat become a challenge to find "vintage" cookware at garage sales, auctions, estate sales, and resale shops, it makes it all the more fun!