Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of our vintage kitchen items...

[ Edited ]

@house_catHow vintage would you like?

The long piece is an iron paddle from the Civil War.  It pulled potatoes out of the fire.  The sifter is an old child's sifter.  On the right just above the wing are two ice cream scoops.  The wooden one belonged to my great grandmother.  The metal one is actually cone shaped and is Victorian.  The Victorian muffin tin is iron and has animal heads.  Victorians loved their designs!

Imagine making something with that rotary beater!!!!!

DSCN3038.JPG

Honored Contributor

@ECBG- what a DELIGHTFUL display!

I have an old glass grapefruight juice squeezed, 6 glass percolator tops, and some really pretty pieces of Depression Era blue Pyrex.

I also have a little Corning Cornflower T Pot that was a wedding present.

My OLDEST vintage" ( besides myself LOL) is a little cast iron "match safe" that was said to belong to my great grandmother.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Beautiful! Those aren't vintage, they're antiques!  Love it!

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I have an old glass grapefruight juice squeezed, 6 glass percolator tops, and some really pretty pieces of Depression Era blue Pyrex.

My OLDEST vintage" ( besides myself LOL) is a little cast iron "match safe" that was said to belong to my great grandmother.

@violann,Thank you!  I've never seen a match safe.  Is it like this one?

Image result for cast iron antique match safe

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann,Thank you!  I've never seen a match safe.  Is it like this one?

Image result for cast iron antique match safe

YES! Mine sits on little feet but I think it was meant to be hung by the stove because it has the little hole at the top like the one you've pictures @ECBG.

I have major memories of the old kitchen stove in the Pennsylvania kitchen, but I don't recall it being there. My aunt gave it to me as one of her finest possessions. So sweet to be attached to lovely memories!