Trusted Contributor

Re: Speaking of our vintage kitchen items...

When I got married in 1970 I received a whole set of Corningware in the blue cornflower pattern. I still have most of the pieces and use them all the time as they have held up beautifully.  I also have a couple of Pyrex bowls that were my Moms and 3 stainless bowls from the 60's.  My Cuisinart FP from the 80's has just been replaced by the 13 cup Kitchenaid.  My Kitchenaid mixer in almond from the 80's is still going strong.  I still have a T-Fal 5 qt. basket oval roaster with basket inside.  My T-Fal pans are gone but I kept a couple of the lids as I love the steam vents and they fit some of my Technique hard anodized.  When my Mom passed away, my husband went through all her kitchen utensils and kept many of them as they were "vintage" and not made any longer.  Some of the vintage things are irreplaceable for many reasons.

Valued Contributor

For the last few months I have been buying CorningWare stovetop pieces which are considered "new" old stock and really like their performance.  A couple of my pieces came in original packaging and were manufactured circa early 1960s which I find kinda cool too.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I still make coffee in a Corningware perc.....on top of the stove............

@DesertdiI still have one of those.  We use it on the gas heater when we lose power in the winter!  We haven't needed it in a while.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Around holiday time, my neighbor came to borrow a loaf pan.  It was her first attempt at baking pumpkin bread. I handed her the one I use most often, a Pyrex loaf pan that I got at my bridal shower.  She took it and said, "Oh, it's vintage! I love that!"

I just thought it was a loaf pan... it seems so much more special now, lol 😀

Have your "purchased new" items turned vintage, too?

@house_cat I hope you got it back.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter

Yes! I did, but her house is attached to mine, so I know where to find her!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

For the last few months I have been buying CorningWare stovetop pieces which are considered "new" old stock and really like their performance.  A couple of my pieces came in original packaging and were manufactured circa early 1960s which I find kinda cool too.

@giddy up

Are you finding them on EBay, or another source?  I still have one of my stovetop pieces with the clamp on handle, and I'd be interested in another piece or two. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

@giddy up

Are you finding them on EBay, or another source?  I still have one of my stovetop pieces with the clamp on handle, and I'd be interested in another piece or two. 

Ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @giddy up

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I have collected vintage casseroles, glasses and pottery like Homer Laughlin and Harker since I was in high school.

I still use my mom's Fiesta pieces, and her Harker casseroles.

One of my favorite patterns is the Apple/Pear Harker pieces.

They have held up much better than the TempTations I foolishly bought!

Here's an example:

Vintage-Harker-Pottery-Small-7-034-Fruit-Casserole-Dish-with-Lid

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I have collected vintage casseroles, glasses and pottery like Homer Laughlin and Harker since I was in high school.

I still use my mom's Fiesta pieces, and her Harker casseroles.

One of my favorite patterns is the Apple/Pear Harker pieces.

They have held up much better than the TempTations I foolishly bought!

Here's an example:

Vintage-Harker-Pottery-Small-7-034-Fruit-Casserole-Dish-with-Lid

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!

~ house cat ~