Trusted Contributor

@Jill2dot0 wrote:

Interesting.  I also, don't know if I'd trust a Cook's Essentials "stick", as it is a long cooking process, and I don't want food poisening ... but this is interesting.

@Jill2dot0

You will not get food poisoning unless you keep your protein in the water bath more than 96 hours.

Respected Contributor

I will probably get one like this; not necessarily this one though.  Since I need a container anyway (my pots don't have straight sides).  I have tried one and loved it, but returned because I didn't like the non-stick coating.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000344 EndHTML:000064162 StartFragment:000063907 EndFragment:000064088 StartSelection:000063907 EndSelection:000064088 SourceURL:https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Professional-Machine-Simplified-Precision/dp/B076QHF2T9/ref=sr_1_31_ssp... Amazon.com: Magic Mill Professional 2 in 1 Sous Vide Water Bath Oven and Slow Cooker Machine– Simplified Precision Cooking - Includes Meat Rack – Non-Stick Vessel + Glass Lid.: Kitchen & Dining

Contributor

I had never heard of Sous Vide before so I looked it up. Why would you want your food cooked in plastic? It does not seem like a healthy way of cooking. It does not seem safe. I stopped using plastic containers in the microwave years ago. Any food I put in the fridge or freezer, I put in glass pyrex containers. I got rid of all my Tupperware and other plastic containers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sous Vide Comes to QVC

[ Edited ]

@DMsSuze wrote:

I had never heard of Sous Vide before so I looked it up. Why would you want your food cooked in plastic? It does not seem like a healthy way of cooking. It does not seem safe. I stopped using plastic containers in the microwave years ago. Any food I put in the fridge or freezer, I put in glass pyrex containers. I got rid of all my Tupperware and other plastic containers.

@MsSuze

I got rid of BPA products years ago.  

Sous Vide has been used commercially for years.  Do you go to high end restaurants? That’s where it is used a lot.  Especially for protein.  Poultry, steaks, chops, and fish.  The protein is cooked to perfection. Always.

Sous Vide is not for those kind of people who don’t care or don’t have time about what they eat..

Sous Vide is probably not for you.

Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@DMsSuze wrote:

@MsSuze

I got rid of BPA products years ago.  

Sous Vide has been used commercially for years.  Do you go to high end restaurants? That’s where it is used a lot.  Especially for protein.  Poultry, steaks, chops, and fish.  The protein is cooked to perfection. Always.

Sous Vide is not for those kind of people who don’t care or don’t have time about what they eat..

Sous Vide is probably not for you.

True, it would not be for me since I eat a vegan diet.