Honored Contributor

Sonic's Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!

Have you had one of these?  Oh my goodness they are wonderful!

I went to a meeting where they passed them out and they are  so good!  It's just the right amount of chocolate in the cookie and the ice cream is good and cold.  No.  They are not lo-cal, but maybe you can split one with someone?

I am hooked on these but only am going to have a half a week!  LOL!!!  They have them in Oreo cookie too, but I don't think that could be as good as the choc chip ones!

Just an evil alert!  They probably won't be here for longer than the summer.  Unless I load up my freezer for the winter!  Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Re: Sonic's Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!

Uh oh, I can’t unsee this 🍪.

Valued Contributor

@Sooner 

Are they available only at Sonic?  Or in grocery stores also?  Only Sonic near me is about 1/2 hour ride away so no chance of buying & bringing home to have on other days.  TY!  😊

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@Sooner 

Are they available only at Sonic?  Or in grocery stores also?  Only Sonic near me is about 1/2 hour ride away so no chance of buying & bringing home to have on other days.  TY!  😊

@Scorpio1971  As far as I know they are only at the drive in's.  But would people actually take them HOME?  I thought you had to eat them right there in the car! Woman Very Happy

How about a cooler with ice packs?  Or maybe a night time  road trip for a treat?  Sounds like a summer thing to me!  Out and see the lightening bugs and get some ice cream!  I think they are cheaper at night too!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's something we do have in town. LOL!!! We have 4 of them. 1 on the south, north, east & west parts of town. 1 is 2 mins around the corner. I never eat there. I might try this when I'm out. It would be better with chocolate ice cream. I like their cherry limeaids but only drink one every once in a while.

Image result for sonic chocolate chip ice cream sandwich

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@Sooner 

@Scorpio1971  As far as I know they are only at the drive in's.  But would people actually take them HOME?  I thought you had to eat them right there in the car! Woman Very Happy

How about a cooler with ice packs?  Or maybe a night time  road trip for a treat?  Sounds like a summer thing to me!  Out and see the lightening bugs and get some ice cream!  I think they are cheaper at night too!  Woman Wink

@Sooner 

Thanks Sooner!  Wish they were in stores 😔.  If I make trip just for them I would buy extras to bring home.  So it would have to be on a cooler day or at night.  Have about a half hour ride up a heavily traveled major congested highway in N.E. so off hours would be best to avoid rush hour traffic.  And definitely with ice packs. 

We don't have lightening bugs in my area of my state 😟 but I have seen them in other areas & states.  I'm not a fan of any bugs so would keep car running with windows closed & air conditioner running!  LOL!

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Wow!  Lucky you!  4 in your town!  The 2nd closest one to me is even further about an hour ride away.  So unless I'm heading in the direction of the one 1/2 hour away I wouldn't be going by either one on a regular basis.  Very heavy traffic at all hours (impossible at rush hours) as it is a 2-3 lane major north south corridor into & out of Boston.  When I get to Sonic I will think of you with your easy access 2 minutes around the corner!  😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We no longer have a Sonic near us. But they advertise heavily in our area. Go figure.

We do have a Bruster's right down the street. So we go there for our summer treat. In addition to watching the lightening bugs. Growing up, I always went grocery shopping on Friday nights with my Dad. He always bought Hires Root Beer and vanilla ice cream. Then we would go home and make root beer floats and watch the Flintstones.

But I will keep my eyes peeled for a Sonic. Sounds good.

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Wow!  Lucky you!  4 in your town!  The 2nd closest one to me is even further about an hour ride away.  So unless I'm heading in the direction of the one 1/2 hour away I wouldn't be going by either one on a regular basis.  Very heavy traffic at all hours (impossible at rush hours) as it is a 2-3 lane major north south corridor into & out of Boston.  When I get to Sonic I will think of you with your easy access 2 minutes around the corner!  😂

@Scorpio1971 

I think we have 4 in town because people eat there a lot.  Sonic & McDonald's are always busy. We also have 4 McDonald's. I don't eat at either.

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@Nightowlz 

@Scorpio1971 @Nightowlz   I would trade you in a heartbeat for lobster 2 minutes around the corner.  It is terrible to be landlocked.  We would have a great Gulf Coast if not for having TEXAS in the way!  Woman Sad