Valued Contributor

Sometimes I scare myself with what an idiot I can be

I was cleaning/straightening out my freezer/refrigerator Sunday afternoon and decided to take a lg chicken breast out of the freezer to cook and use for chicken salad. I always defrost my meats in the fridge but I had food all over my table and counters (not much space on either of them) so I put the chicken in the microwave til I got everything back in the fridge and could then set the chicken in there. You probably know the ending. Was at work Monday morning and remembered my chicken was still in the microwave!  EEEEEEEEWW!!!!!

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sometimes I scare myself with what an idiot I can be

I am sorry but that’s a hoot. We I am sure have done something like that. I went grocery shopping and left a roast in the car for about 18 hours. Boy that car stunk for a very very very long time! 🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Honey, we ALL get overloaded from time to time!!!  lol!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak   Don't feel bad, I could write a book of my "brain hiccups".  Not all kitchen related.

About 35 yrs. ago i came home from shopping and had to pee.  I mean really, really had to go. Pulled close to the house, thru car in park and made a mad dash into the house.  Small problem was the car wasn't all the way in park, it rolled back and hit the house.  No real damage but holy cow my DH was not amused.  We laughed later but at the time, Yikes!

My intent was to go, come right back out and move the car to where it usually sat.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak 

Trust me, you're not the lone ranger, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I bought one of those balls of fresh mozzerella for something I was planning for a dinner and put it in my purse. forgot all about it for a few days and went to my chiro---pulled my wallet out to pay ----and-----there was that ball of cheese-----I put it on the counter and ask if the girl had change for it ---------we both laughed until we cried!!!  Needless to say, it got thrown away but was very funny!! 

Honored Contributor

You know what they say....out of sight, out of mind.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've done that - and more than once. When I order delivery, it's usually Chinese and I order several dishes that last me a few nights to justify delivery costs. Sometimes I'll put some of each item on a plate and put the rest in the microwave to keep it warm while I eat, in case I want more later. And more than once I found it there the next morning because I forgot it and felt awful about wasting so much good.

Now if I put something in there to keep it warm, I set the timer on the microwave for 45 minutes so I don't go to sleep and waste it.

Honored Contributor

Omg...LOL   But, I'm always happy to hear that other people do these things too.  

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I was cleaning/straightening out my freezer/refrigerator Sunday afternoon and decided to take a lg chicken breast out of the freezer to cook and use for chicken salad. I always defrost my meats in the fridge but I had food all over my table and counters (not much space on either of them) so I put the chicken in the microwave til I got everything back in the fridge and could then set the chicken in there. You probably know the ending. Was at work Monday morning and remembered my chicken was still in the microwave!  EEEEEEEEWW!!!!!

cookin

must have been yummy

ick