Honored Contributor

Re: Sometimes I scare myself with what an idiot I can be

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Desertdi So where was your wallet ?

@BeccaLou    My wallet was at home.    I left it by my computer because I bought something from the net with a credit card.    I had the store manager "save" my cart......drove home and got my wallet, and went back to the store.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi I 've done that with my check-book.We just need to just slow down. If I'm feeling nrevous I'll just stay home. and I won't go out if I am over tired either.Now I just let myself put things on my credit card instead of driviing all the way home.

Respected Contributor

A guy I worked with...his wife was a frequent QVC shopper who used to buy a lot of food items...

Years ago, when they sold those smelly crab cakes, she had some in her garage upright freezer....her hubby placed them on top ot the freezer while he got what he was looking for, and forgot to return the crab cakes to the freezer.... In summer. BAAAAAAADDDD!!!

My sister did the chicken breast thing twice!!!! Once she was unloading a bag of stuff into her large bathroom linens and medicines closet, and she put the bag on a shelf to get to later....it had chicken breasts in it on the bottom.....she forgot about the task and ...well you can imagine...

The worst was a few weeks ago during a heat wave where they live...her SO went food shopping on a Friday, and they didn't use that car again until he opened it on Monday to go somewhere. Bag with chicken breasts in  95+ heat for 3 days in the trunk of a dark blue Honda Accord......

They STILL have odor in that car. They tried baking soda, coffee ( trays of it in the trunk)....gonna take a long long time.....

Myself? I back my car into my garage at home.....I was vacuuming it out one day, and I forgot the rear passenger door was open. I got in, started the car, put it in Drive, and heard BANG!!!! as I drove out and the door hit the garage door frame. Put a nice big dent in the door. Boy did I feel stoopid!!!

I have a pair of old taped together glasses I wear only for mowing the lawn, so when I trim around shrubs and pine trees and get whipped in the face, it's not my expensive glasses that get ruined....sometimes I leave these glasses on, and then run to the store...tape and all. They look like a bag lady's glasses!!!

I also defrost meat for the next day in the fridge, on the lower shelf, which is under a drawer. I use a Post-it note on it with an arrow that says MEAT on the lower shelf. Meat has gotten pushed back and lost way back on the lower shelf and it sure hurts to toss out expensive meat I forgot was in there! Post-its are great!

Reading these posts make me feel better BUT I'm 63 and deserve to make some mistakes......fortunately none have hurt me yet!!!

We GOTTA slow down~!!!!!