Respected Contributor

Re: Sometimes I scare myself with what an idiot I can be

I just remembered a story my sister told me some years ago.  She took some chicken (in a shopping bag) out of the freezer to thaw and put it on top of the refrigerator to thaw.  Then she forgot about it.  Because it was on top she didn't see it and didn't remember putting it there.  After several days there was a horrible smell in the kitchen and she thought there was a gas leak.  So she called the fire dept and asked them to come over and check it out.  So they drive up in a fire truck, search the house, and hand her a package of chicken.  lol

Honored Contributor

Just a few minutes ago, DH was preparing to take Kingston for his morning walk.

Kingston wears a collar with his tags during the day, but we take it off at night for a good neck scratch and he can sleep more comfortably without it.

DH asks me where his collar is and we both looked all over the house for it.

Eventually we found it.....on Kingston's neck, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

When I was little, we had an old fridge that had the freezer part inside the refrigerator part.  One night my dad needed some ice, so he opened the freezer section, moved the ice cream to the top of the fridge, got his ice, and promptly forgot the ice cream.

Until.......the next morning. The ice cream had melted down onto the rubber gasket of the fridge door and the door was stuck shut !!!!  Mom had to pour warm water onto it to get it loose.    What a mess !!!

My husband is forever moving things out of the freezer or the fridge and setting them on the counter so he can reach something in the back.  He leaves the stuff out and it has to be thrown away.  If I'm home and I hear him in the kitchen, I go in and make sure he has put everything back.  lol

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

My DH found one of those big dryer balls in the pocket of his pants. Asked if there was some meaning to it.

funny

and they end up in sleeves and pockets

Honored Contributor

not for nothing, but this thread makes me feel better 

Honored Contributor

Many many years ago, about 45, when we were still in our bar hopping stage, I put a turkey in the oven before we went out to cook for next day's meal. I figured it would be done in four hours. Well, it turned into one long evening and we got home about 3 AM. For years we called that leathery tough-as-nails bird "turkey jerky."  Thank goodness it wasn't Thanksgiving.  And no, I don't leave food to cook when we are gone.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't figure out why the car smelled like fruit and thought my husband did a really good job of hiding one of those air freshener tree things.

Nope, it really was fruit, the cantelope he bought rolled out of the bag and was rolling around and rotting away in the trunk.  It was almost a week later when he asked me what I did with the cantelope he bought. 

What cantelope?

Trusted Contributor

I had a great time reading all these posts.  We are all human, make mistakes and it is good we can laugh about it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@AuntG That happens at my house also. Along with dryer sheets in his pants and pockers.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi So where was your wallet ?