Esteemed Contributor

Re: Someores? Do You Like Them?

They're OK....nothing special but then I'm not real big on sweets anyway.  I haven't had one in years.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I'm not that crazy about marshmallows, so this is a treat I'll bypass.

Honored Contributor

Don't really care for graham crackers. Really don't care for marshmallows.  Couldn't be paid enough to go camping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  Some of my best summers were at Girl Scout Camp.

I absolutely loved being in nature and exploring the trails, fun with the other girls and sleeping in a tent.

At Girl Scout Camp was the first time I ever had S'mores. I did not like them, even though I loved campfire toasted marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. I just did not like that combination. They also did something with bananas and Nestle semi sweet chocolate morsels.

You peel one side of the banana and push some chocolate morsels into the banana. Then replace the peel, wrap with foil

and place into campfire coals to melt the chocolate. I didn't like that either. I love both bananas and chocolate, but not warm bananas with melted chocolate.

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick    I’ve never had one, but you might be on to something with a Reese’s cup.  I used to love graham crackers, just not the same as years ago.  Not sure if it’s cheaper ingredients, or what.  I’d pay more for the old recipe.  They seen dry and tasteless now. 

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@ECBG  Some of my best summers were at Girl Scout Camp.

I absolutely loved being in nature and exploring the trails, fun with the other girls and sleeping in a tent.

At Girl Scout Camp was the first time I ever had S'mores. I did not like them, even though I loved campfire toasted marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. I just did not like that combination. They also did something with bananas and Nestle semi sweet chocolate morsels.

You peel one side of the banana and push some chocolate morsels into the banana. Then replace the peel, wrap with foil

and place into campfire coals to melt the chocolate. I didn't like that either. I love both bananas and chocolate, but not warm bananas with melted chocolate.

@Enufstuff 

If you like the outdoors, you would love hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  We are also on the Appalachian Trail.

We also have a lot of falls.

Bridal Veil Falls, Highlands NC

Trusted Contributor

No just WAAAAY to sweet for me.  

Honored Contributor

Only when I was a Girl Scout.  Even then not a big fan.  I like marshmallows but mainly just in cocoa or eaten alone.  No rocky road ect... for me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Nope--not a fan of the marshmallows

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  I probably would have liked that when I was younger, but my hiking days are over. Now with arthritis in feet and knees,

bone on bone in one knee and a torn meniscus, I have all I can do to just walk a short distance. I only liked camping when I was a child, not as an adult. I need a comfy bed with clean sheets and three down pillows and indoor plumbing. Also, I hate mosquitoes.

In a couple of weeks, we are going to Maine for a few days, but no hiking is involved. We are staying at a lovely inn.

My middle daughter is 57 and loves hiking and kayaking.

I have a cousin who hiked the Appalachian Trail. I've never seen it. It must be beautiful.