Honored Contributor

Re: Someores? Do You Like Them?

i have only made them over a campfire - first using a long branch shaved just so and then graduated to store bought metal rods

with friends/family and then their kids - everyone huddled around the campfire telling stories and watching as sometimes the marshmallow caught fire or just dropped into the fire bc one didnt turn the rod around as it was melty but not toasted enough to be ready

using a flashlight to examine ur toasting prowess 

adults taking turns to hand out all the necessary items

sometimes eating too many cuz the kids just wanted to toast

the hardest part is washing the rod clean of sticky burnt on stuff

great memories 

sometimes the atmosphere makes the food

bc a grilled hot dog never tasted so good there also

Honored Contributor

I've had them a few times but they were never something I craved.  Nowadays I don't even think about them.  They have way too much sugar, which I avoid for better health.

Honored Contributor

I do love marshmallows and I love milk chocolate, so I'll take that part.  Smiley Happy

I've never had them.  Milk choc covered marshmallows are one of my fav treats, though.  I guess graham crackers are ok, but I haven't had those in decades.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Confession. I've never had a S'more. Now I'm feeling I've missed out. They're probably more fun over a campfire, with others sharing, but I'm not into that anymore.

Maybe the BBQ grill? That'd work. Maybe just forget about it and have a glass of wine Woman Wink..

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Camping is more than 2 breezeways from the ice machine at a Holiday Inn.  Smores are pointless in a world full of candy, peanut brittle, exotic ice creams and cookies.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

SO totally agree!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No, I am not a fan.  Just last week trucker daughter told me she has never tried a S'more, and my reply was she won't like it, and hasn't missed out on anything.  

Am sure she will make one when she gets in Tuesday, and since she never eats graham crackers, isn't a fan of Hershey bars, and has never been interested in marshmallows, I don't expect her to take more than one bite before she says "you're right".  

Valued Contributor

I can take them or leave them. But in the last year or so, graham crackers have changed - they just don't taste the same.  Apparently, it's not just me - I found a forum about it.  

It's not just graham crackers; there's certain foods that no longer use the exact same ingredients - cereal, cheese balls, etc.  

Respected Contributor

did not like smores as a child, still do not like smores as an adult...

Trusted Contributor

We just had s'mores with reese peanutbutter cups instead of the chocolate bar -- sooooo good!