Esteemed Contributor

Re: Someone must be buying this, but.....

I do buy some convenience foods from the Q, and they're definitely a premium price, but I, too, thought the price for the cobblers was crazy—it looks like it would take both pans together to fill just one 9x13" pan. As others have noted, there aren't many recipes easier than a cobbler; even if you're not a baker and/or have no extra time, you could use frozen fruit and refrigerated biscuit dough to make a giant pan of cobbler for a few dollars.

Respected Contributor

I thought the lady did a great job with this cobbler & was so at ease with the camera, David was helping her & fun to watch but I feel if she made that in single sizes because once you cook it you may have to eat it soon. Looked rich but with ice cream to tame a sweet tooth for a few bites. Yes their food is overpriced but we can find other options to deliver frozen food to our door. Swann's truck comes up & down our streets all the time, heard great things. It depends on lifestyles, we are retired so we go out to lunch a few times a week, know what days they have specials & half of it I take home anyway. Try to not do chains, locals work so hard to compete. 

Trusted Contributor

I make my own cobblers- peach, apple, cherry , blackbery and they are really easy.  But sometimes I buy the Marie Callender brand cobblers which are pretty good.  32oz. cost less than $5.  

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I love to cook and bake, but I don't mind having a few convenience items in my freezer.  Cobbler would not be one of them, probably, because it is an easy dessert to put together and bakes in no time.   People who work long hours, make good money, and want the convenience in their freezer will jump on something like this.  

BF never cooked and he was a big dessert person.  He used to make a cobbler that was a dump recipe with few ingredients - super easy.  He's no longer with us but I'm sure you can google and easily find one of those.

Respected Contributor

I think most of the food items are very high-priced. You pay for convenience. Another example are the side dishes--very pricey for what you get. I bought them once as I'm lazy and don't like to cook. Over $50 for pretty small containers of food that I should make myself.

Trusted Contributor

You are paying for the convenience and the extra cost to ship food items.  ITA, I don't understand who all these people are that purchase the food items but obviously there are lots out there.

I don't buy food items.  While watching the presentations they show the product baked in a white stoneware dish not the container the product is received it.  I noticed when comparing the size of the cooked container to the as received container, they don't appear to be the same size at all.

Respected Contributor

I have an insane sweet tooth and have bought my share of sweets from Q.  LOVE Cheryl's cookies--will keep ordering those!  

Contributor

I AM SHOCKED AT THE HIGH PRICE OF FOOD ITEMS ON QVC!!

Valued Contributor

Black forest cherry cherry cake from juniors for 73 dollars.  YIKES..

Honored Contributor

not sure why anyone buys food items  (that is up to them OF Course)

i have only bought one food item and it was hullless popcorn which turned out was NOT

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller