Trusted Contributor

Someone must be buying this, but.....

[ Edited ]

2 small containers of cobbler for $50!!!!!! Unbelievable. You could probably buy 5 of these for that price at any frozen food  section of your local grocery store.

Honored Contributor

Re: Someone must be buying this, but.....

And it is so easy to make.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy many food items.  I do buy some cookie, etc items.

It did seem expensive to me too.

However, I was glad to see more of a variety of  Vendors represented, especially more females.

QVC is always bragging they have a variety of viewers.  I'm the first to admit I eat very, very simplistic food.  My palette is totally bland.

However, I'm sure there are people out in QVC land who would enjoy seeing (maybe ordering) more of a variety of foods they either can't or don't want to (due to preparation) the kind of food(s) they enjoy at ethnic restaurants.

How about offering more variety of ingredients needed to make some of these ethnetic foods.  

Most people don't want to pay huge sums of money for something they could whip up at home.

They might be inclined to at least TRY something that takes too much time to make after a busy day.  Food that's prepared and could easily just be put in the microwave or oven.

I'm talking about something that requires spices and ingredients people don't usually have around the house.

American's are becoming more adventurous.  As we travel more extensively than ever, we develop tastes for the food we experienced in these countries.

I think QVC should start selling more variety of foods and at the very least offer more vendors selling these interesting foods.

Trusted Contributor

When I saw the price, I could not believe it.  They look delicious, but not for the price. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

True but some shoppers prefer the convenience of having it delivered to their door and many people don't cook or won't cook.  It's a choice. Choices are good.

Esteemed Contributor

I love to cook and bake, but I don't mind having a few convenience items in my freezer.  Cobbler would not be one of them, probably, because it is an easy dessert to put together and bakes in no time.   People who work long hours, make good money, and want the convenience in their freezer will jump on something like this.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I can make my own cobblers for a whole lot less than that.  The money they charge for their food on QVC is ridiculous plus I don't know what's in it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you all. CObbler is 1 cup of flour,1 stick butter, 1 cup milk, 1 cup of sugar or less to taste, 1 can of peaches drained or fresh fruits. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes for an 8 x 8 pan or till set. You can even cheat and do bisquick instead of flour and sugar and butter.

Edited to add 1 cup of milk.  I left it out.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pricing is why I don't buy food shown on TV. I have had crab cakes arrive spoiled. The Corky's robs were delish, but it was a once in a lifetime purchase. I buy and cook my own ribs now. I bought the Corky BBQ sauce bottle sets, because I did feel that was a good deal. I am now looking at Cheryl's St Patricks Day cookie dozen as a once in a lifetime purchase. Any opinions about her cookies?

Honored Contributor

I am becoming such a cheapskate about food. I don't mind spending money on quality ingredients, but I have been so disappointed lately with convenience foods and restaurant foods.  I can't help thinking that I could make the same thing for a small fraction of the price.

~ house cat ~