Honored Contributor

Re: Someone hates an ingredient but loves......

My brother was a very skinny kid and a terribly finicky eater.  He hated eggs.. wouldn't touch them, but French toast was his favorite breakfast. My mom would make sure to prepare it when he wasn't looking.  I'm not sure how old he was when he finally figured it out.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

My grandson hates eggs and refuses to eat them.

he eats lots of food without knowing they are in there.

@Carmie.  An egg in a big chocolate cake is not the same thing as a fried egg on a plate.  I'm not an egg lover either but I love cake.

With eggs for me it is the stench when they are fried or cooked.  Whe put into Something  like a cake to whatever they do not stink, but  fried egg smells up the entire house for hours. Ick!

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Redtop: Why are you telling us she is a teacher?

You have a problem with that? 

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

My brother was a very skinny kid and a terribly finicky eater.  He hated eggs.. wouldn't touch them, but French toast was his favorite breakfast. My mom would make sure to prepare it when he wasn't looking.  I'm not sure how old he was when he finally figured it out.

@house_cat  My brother claimed he was "allergic" to eggs when he was little. So, my mom mixed a raw egg into a glass of milk and ice cream and called it a "milkshake." He had a milkshake several times a week. Hahahaha! BTW, that was back when raw eggs were not considered dangerous.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Fresh cilantro used to make me sick to my stomach. I loved Indian food, but it was impossible to keep it out of food I would order at a restaurant. So, I desensitized myself to it by forcing myself to eat it, and now I can tolerate it. I hate the taste of fresh cilantro, but I love coriander. Strange.

Respected Contributor

I would never eat sour cream but it is an important ingredient in my cheesecake.  I love my cheesecake.

Honored Contributor

I hate peas, but love pea soup.