Respected Contributor

Re: Someone hates an ingredient but loves......

I don"t like cottage cheese but I love Lasagna and some other things with it,just not plain.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My grandson hates eggs and refuses to eat them.

he eats lots of food without knowing they are in there.

@Carmie.  An egg in a big chocolate cake is not the same thing as a fried egg on a plate.  I'm not an egg lover either but I love cake.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My father won't touch cheese or sour cream, but he loves cream cheese frosting on German Chocolate Cake.  He never knew that it was cream cheese.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate everything about bananas (and I can taste them in any recipe where they're present), but my mother's banana bread recipe is so amazing that I make it for the family and/or my co-workers a few times a year and always enjoy eating it, even though I'm pulling faces like a picky little kid during the whole process of putting it together.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Many years ago friends of my in-laws stayed with us while attending a wedding nearby. It was an evening wedding, so I planned an early dinner of homemade vegetable beef soup with crusty bread, thinking they wouldn’t have the reception until after 8:00. The soup was really good, so the wife asked me how I made it. When I said I included a large sliced onion, they looked at each other and smiled. It turned out that the husband hated onions. His wife chuckled as she told me this later. At breakfast the next morning, they told us how surprised they were that there were only finger foods at the reception. The husband further surprised us by saying how much he wished he’d had a big bowl of my soup instead of the appetizers they were serving at the reception - onions and all! 😀

Respected Contributor

DS does not like onions/bell peppers in any dish LOL  BUT he loves my spaghetti which contains both.  When he saw me preparing it, he told me no onions/bell peppers please.  I told him I had been cooking it like this before he was born.  I always chop them up very fine so I am sure he hasn't examined the spaghetti.  He continues to eat my spaghetti Smiley Very Happy.

Honored Contributor

My hubs dreaded thing is cottage cheese---think I have made a couple things with it but always smoothing it out---not sure if he hates the flavor or the texture or what. I like it myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Shush now, GS had onions last week.  If you tell......

Honored Contributor

I don't like fresh cooked liver but I'll eat liverwurst all day long, also liver pate, braunschweiger, you name it

Respected Contributor

I won't eat mushrooms but like mushroom gravy and mushroom soup.   I like the flavor but not the texture.  If they are chopped large enough, I can pick them out and enjoy the soup or gravy.