Honored Contributor

Re: Somebody stop me.............

[ Edited ]

@hopi I would do the TSV, the Tomato Tarts and the Apple Strudel.  The Brie can be made on the cheap:

Brie

Fruit Preserves and nuts (if you want nuts) 

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.

Roll out the Crescent roll Dough into one large piece, place the brie in the middle, top with preserves, fold the dough on top and seal, bake for 20 minutes at 375 (or whatever you bake the rolls at). Done and fantastic.

The pretzels ARE temping, however.....

Honored Contributor

@hopi no I buy them fresh baked daily and they are huge.They also scratch bake all kinds of fancy cakes and apple turnovers and other German favs.All amazing.

Honored Contributor

There are some people who need to turn off their TVs (or go to Leah on Q2).  Why torture yourselves?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There are some people who need to turn off their TVs (or go to Leah on Q2).  Why torture yourselves?

q

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

lol! I have gone to Leah.

My brain is in my stomach at night too!😜

Image result for picture of a thanksgiving dinner

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Looking down the barrel of a 24 hour marathon of Thanksgiving preparations, any alternative looks good to me; but, I just can't go for Martha's offering. Most of my family likes dark rather than light. Plus, I will probably have 18 people. I think there will come a day when this is a definite possibility.

Trusted Contributor

Buy a wheel of Brie, a package of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, your choice of jam or chutney, and your choice of nuts....open the pastry, roll out the lines, place the nuts, the jam in the middle...then the Brie on top. Fold over the pastry until the cheese is encased. Turn it over on a parchment paper pan, and brush and egg wash.  350 degrees until the pastry is golden, about 30 minutes. 

Voila! 

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Okay ladies I don't know how much the pretzels were but I buy mine fresh baked at the German deli for 1.95 each and they are amazing.

The German deli in my city is across town, the parking sucks, and they're open about 90 minutes a week that are outside of my normal work hours.  It's a giant pain to get there.  I'd be ok paying a premium for a more convenient experience.

Trusted Contributor

Making Brie en croute is so easy. No need to buy over priced and pre made.

Trusted Contributor

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

Buy a wheel of Brie, a package of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, your choice of jam or chutney, and your choice of nuts....open the pastry, roll out the lines, place the nuts, the jam in the middle...then the Brie on top. Fold over the pastry until the cheese is encased. Turn it over on a parchment paper pan, and brush and egg wash.  350 degrees until the pastry is golden, about 30 minutes. 

Voila! 

But that might cost me $10, and $65 is less than $10, right?