Respected Contributor

Re: Sold my Kitchen Aid stand mixer!

@BeccaLou  Count me in! - I'll bring my halo so we can run my vitamix to make the drinks while we lounge in beach chairs!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet  -- Gee, I should do the same thing.  DH bought me a Kitchen Aid (KA) stand mixer several years ago.  I bake and cook often but use my hand mixer (also KA) nearly all the time.   Sometimes I just use the whisk utensil.  Thinking back I don't think I've used the stand mixer more than once or twice, if that, in the last year.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Oh man, the woman who got your like new stand mixer really got a bargain. I have mine for 25 years and have used it to death and it still has many years on it.

@blackhole99  Same here.  I keep saying when mine goes I want to get a nice color but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon.   I love my KA!

Honored Contributor

congrats! Whoever bought it got the deal of a lifetime!!! 

I keep saying i want to sell my Pro-600 because I'm not using like I had in years past.  I don't think it's been out of the pantry since last Christmas  - my KA hand mixer handles any job I have now.

Everytime I think now is the time (holidays) to sell it I change my mind.  I would like to replace it with a tilt head "just in case"!

I know it would sell like yours quick!!!

Respected Contributor

I have a big question? Would a tilt head Kitchen-Aid stand mixer work under the cabinet? I always wondered. People have told me they are a hassle to use, either the bowl won't attach, or some crazy reason.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

About 10 years ago when I was having a middle of the night “I can’t sleep” episode I turned on QVC and they were selling Kitchen Aid stand mixers.  Now I hate to cook and I certainly don’t bake but somehow I decided that owning one of these would somehow magically turn me into a mini Betty Crocker.  I can only blame my temporary loss of sanity on sleep deprivation.  I ordered one and in 10 years I used it twice.  It has spent almost 10 years gathering dust in the deep dark recesses of a seldom visited kitchen cabinet.  I needed space for my newly purchased Air Fryer and when I spotted the Kitchen Aid taking up all that space I knew it had to go. Posted a ad on our community FB page and within 30 minutes the new owner was walking out my door with it.  I am $50 richer and it will have a new home with someone who,will use it.  I still have and use my Kitchen Aid hand mixer and that works just fine for my needs.

I hope I never can't sleep and buy an RV.  I'd say that would be just a tad less useful to me than your mixer!  LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

Good for you! 

Subject came up when I was thinking of buying a Vitamix.  I've moved and walking every day for exercise to get healthier/lose weight.  My sister said it's a lot of money for something that may just sit on the counter and collect dust and then she added - "like my stand mixer and a bread machine".  

Honored Contributor

Yikes!

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I have a big question? Would a tilt head Kitchen-Aid stand mixer work under the cabinet? I always wondered. People have told me they are a hassle to use, either the bowl won't attach, or some crazy reason.

Yes it does.  I usually pull mine out a bit when I'm using it, but there is room to lift the head if I wanted to leave it in place.

I much prefer the tilt head to the lift bowl.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet,wow, the person you sold it to did get a bargain , but then you did too since sometimes it is just better for us in many ways when we (as Kenny Roger's sang) 'know when to fold them ' ! Smiley Happy

Personally I love my huge counter hogging KA lift mixer , but mainly use it around holidays and when making items for neighborhood gatherings. I have a little mixer by WP that\ I use mostly or an immersion blender.  

@SharkE  I make use of the public library anymore to see if I like a cookbook well enough to spend $$s to own it . I sometimes go and get the hard copy book but mostly stream kindle copies and check them out. 

Meridith Laurence (sp?) has a lot of air fryer info on this site and her own free web site google 'the bluejean chef' . One has how to make chips and one skinny fries. 

I find soaking potatoes  drying them with paper towels then cooking on a low temp then higher rather tedious , but well worth the effort.