Honored Contributor

So who has made their Christmas cookies/candies and what kinds?

I will be starting this week, cut it down to only about 4 kinds (double batches of each kind), Molasses, Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Chip and Mexican Wedding cookies this year, very basic, I know.  Due to logistics our holiday gathering is moved up 1 week, so these need to be done earlier than usual. Also have a p-nut allergic granddaughter to consider, so no p-nut clusters, p-nut brittle, etc.

How is the holiday baking going at your house?

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Re: So who has made their Christmas cookies/candies and what kinds?

Well on my way---actually almost finished.  In the freezer are a couple batches of snickerdoodles (my personal fave), triple good bars, oreo truffles, fudge ecstasies, white chocolate chip and craisins, Russian tea cakes, thumbprint, and paradise macaroons.    I have a couple more to do but have run out of freezer space---guess I will have to wait till the last minute.

KK

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1, like you haven't started yet & also do much less than I did years ago, friends & neighbors do expect a plate of goodies, thinking of making some mini loaves of cakes, fills the plate & easier than the cookies  lol

Honored Contributor

It's too early for me to start baking.  If I bake it, I will eat it and I don't need that now.  My two sisters and I are going to get together and bake cookies on Dec 21.  Chocolate chip, an Italian cream cheese cookie, a ginger cookie and a sugar cookie for decorating.   We always have  a fancy Christmas cake, my daughter will bake that this year.  And then there will be my sister's trifle.  Sounds like a lot but celebrate Christmas the entire week.  Hubby and I are having friends over the Sunday after Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

Candy Makers:  I need your help.  My Michigan grandmother used to make then send us two tins every Christmas: one with cookies and one with candy.  The candy was always chocolate fudge and the other was the white (fudge?) with walnuts in it that looked spooned onto a sheet to set.  (Very light in texture and weight.)

What is the name of this white fudge? 

I'd love to know what it's called so that I could look for a recipe.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative,

Are you talking about Divinity, by any chance? HTH

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@sfnative,

@Snicks1

YES-YES-YES-YES-YES!

Thank you so much!

~Rebecca

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

@sfnative,

@Snicks1

YES-YES-YES-YES-YES!

Thank you so much!

~Rebecca

**************************************Love Divinity!  Just make sure you do it on a dry day!

Honored Contributor

Baking cookies ended with my maternal grandmother.  The rest of us are challenged in the kitchen.  This year I will be the recipient of a group of co-workers cookie exchange.

Honored Contributor

Baking was done and in the freezer (and candy making as well) before Thanksgiving. I try to do that every year. I like that over with before I begin the decorating. 

I usually do about 5 kinds of cookies and 5 kinds of candies. 

Buttermilk cutout cookies with homemade icing, cacoons, butterscotch chews, peanut butter blossoms, thumbprint shortbread cookies, and sometimes another bar cookie or date pinwheels.

Buckeyes, peanut clusters in white chocolate, molded milk and white chocolate pieces, oreo bark, another cluster type candy I kind of made up with Cheerios, pretzels, peanuts, and M&M's coated in white chocolate, and fudge.