Trusted Contributor

Re: So, what's bakin', baby?

@house_cat - They look yummy.  I have two of these pans and will have to make these.  How full do you fill the little bundts and how many does this recipe make?  What's the ratio of cinnamon to sugar?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL

I have a Wilton mini bundt pan that makes six cakes. I fill them up to the top of the center divider, but not over it - you should still be able to see the center piece. (whatever do you call that thing?) . My standard ratio is 1/4 c sugar to 1 tbs cinnamon.  The recipe I posted makes exactly six cakes.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Your bundt pan had babies overnight!

Valued Contributor

@house_cat

Those look absolutely delicious.  The color, texture, everything.  Really nice of you to share your recipe!

I bought the mini bundt (bunkt, bumptk) pan a long time ago because I wanted to make a Judith Light recipe that was in the Women's World magazine.   

I could not find it.   The recipe was called:  Faux Nuts.  I remember it had graham cracker crumbs in it, sugar and butter LOL.  There were a lot more ingredients, but I have to find it FIRST!  

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  Your recipe sounds so good.   I've got to find my mini bundt pans and make this recipe...   Thank you for posting it...

Honored Contributor

@Elri

I couldn't find that recipe, either, but Pinterest had lots and lots of fauxnuts and fonuts recipes, including this one that I'll eventually have to try.

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 7.25.35 AM.png

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1 large egg

1/2 cup butter, melted 

1/2 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Spray non stick spray onto mini bundt pan molds.

1. Mix flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl with a whisk.
  2. Beat the egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
  3. Spoon the batter into molds equally. This will fill 12 half muffin size bundt pans molds. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
  4. While the donuts are baking, mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together.
  5. When the donuts are done, remove them from the mold and roll them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture while they are still warm.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat

If and when I find the Judith Light recipe, I'll send it to you Smiley Happy