Frequent Contributor

Re: So, here's what I was doing when an earthquake hit....

Awesome looking bread! I love to bake and often make bread too. This looks delicious.

I was in IKEA in Burbank yesterday during the earthquake! Memorable Fourth of July. I was shopping felt the building move and then realized what was happening. People paused for a moment then kept shopping.  I felt a little seasick after and was very happy nothing worse happened. I found out later it was quite a big one! I just moved back to LA a few months ago and this is the first earthquake since I have been back.

Honored Contributor

Last time I weighed 135 think it was about the time I got married and that was back when dinosaurs walked.

Does he smoke?  Something wrong with him to be so thin and tall ?

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE

On one of the posts upthread Housecat mentioned "medications and health issues."

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@house_cat Goodness Girl, you definitely "have a full plate".  If you and I got together and shared recipes, we'd never stop. 

I have a 3 ring notebook that the outer edges of the cover are almost 200 degrees separated it's SO full!  I even have one recipe from Betty Feezer if you know that name.

Honored Contributor

Okay.

I have to give up baking.

I have a blueberry pie in the oven and we just had an even bigger quake.

This is getting old fast.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Okay.

I have to give up baking.

I have a blueberry pie in the oven and we just had an even bigger quake.

This is getting old fast.

@house_cat 

As soon as the earthquake notification came across my screen last night, I thought of you and wondered if you were baking!

Honored Contributor

Oh that looks so yummy. It turned out beautifully.

Esteemed Contributor

The imagines of the quake on TV are so terrifying.  I am relieved all of our forum friends are ok, and I am so grateful that there has been a minimal loss of life.  This CT gal has been to California several times, and it is such a beautiful place.  I just can’t imagine what it must be like to experience such a quake.  My heart goes out to all, hoping that you have tranquility in your lives again.

@housecat, You sure are a loving wife.  Your yummies make me drool!  My Mom was also such a wonderful baker.  She made so much, and she made the best bread pudding I have ever eaten in my life.  In my house, with DH’s cardiac issue of years ago, I have tried to revise our diet.  Push the chicken, fish and veggies.  We all do what we can!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

As soon as the earthquake notification came across my screen last night, I thought of you and wondered if you were baking!

@shoesnbags 

Of course I was baking! I'm starting to think that my oven is responsible!  This is what was in it last night - the shaking didn't seem to affect the outcome. The "rustic" top crust has nothing to do with the earthquake and everything to do with me, lol. But all kidding aside, my heart goes out to those who are in the middle of all the devastation.  I hope my CA forum friends are all okay.

IMG_1886.JPG

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat   That looks delish!  All of you in Cali will be in my thoughts today and in the coming week. Please stay safe.