Honored Contributor

Re: So, here's what I was doing when an earthquake hit....

@house_cat  Your bread looks delicious but I am glad I am no longer rock and rollin.  When quakes get into the 6's it is pretty scary.  I know how I felt when I lived in San Francisco with the 7.1 years ago.  To think the ground under your feet is moving back and forth.  Help!  Glad you are okay.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

I was on the earthquake ride at Universal Studios when it happened!
Honored Contributor

Happy to see you West Coasters checking in OK 👍.

Hope everyone is safe and will let us know. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  Bread looks delicious.  I live in Glendale-be right over.  We definitely felt it this morning.  Was sitting down on floor at the very beginning and felt movement.  Looked at my son and asked if he felt anything (no) and then it really hit.  The chimes on my grandfather clock were ringing for several minutes so movement was side to side. 

Born and raised here.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad I live where I do. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@AmateurChef 

Are you serious?  That's such a crazy coincidence!  We know that earthquakes are an inevitable part of life here, but I most worry about them anytime I'm in a Home Depot store, because things are stacked way up to the ceiing... and surgery! Last time I had surgery I prayed there wouldn't be on the table when an earthquake hit.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat ...glad you are safe...bread looks delicious.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat My goodness Darlin'!  Do you bake every day?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't live in Cal. if they gave me the keys.

Too expensive and dangerous between the fires and the earthquakes and other stuff .

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I bake often.  My DH is 5'11" and weighed in a couple of months ago at 135 pounds.  Medications and health issues leave him with very little appetite. He eats only dinner.. no breakfast, no lunch, nothing until dinner and even then, he eats very little. The only thing that keeps him from wasting away is the snacking he'll do late at night.  I always keep ice cream and pound cake in the house - those are two things that he's inclined to eat.  The other day he said, "Remember when you used to make cinnamon raisin bread?"  That's all the encouragement I needed. I baked two loaves, stuck one in the freezer.  The good news is that he had a doctor appointment today and weighed 141.... so we're making some progress.  Tomorrow evening we're having dinner guests and they requested blueberry pie... so that's what's happening in my kitchen this evening, but he has to leave his mitts off of it until I serve it tomorrow.

~ house cat ~