Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  Seriously?  You think this new member Ms MEM22 is posting to 'bait' people? Bait the inconsiderate, snarky, rude, unkind, sarcastic posters? 

Her observation is clear as a bell.  While she may not have posted anything until now, she's been here reading posts and has seen it first hand like many of us here.  She hit the nail on the head.  It is very obvious there are some here who do just that - post rude, obnoxious, cruel, uncalled for comments for reasons unknown to many of us.  Ms MEM22 wonders this same thing many of us wonder and has just asked this question.

What did she get back? Answer(s) just like you posted. Enough said.

Valued Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@chrystaltree  Seriously?  You think this new member Ms MEM22 is posting to 'bait' people? Bait the inconsiderate, snarky, rude, unkind, sarcastic posters? 

Her observation is clear as a bell.  While she may not have posted anything until now, she's been here reading posts and has seen it first hand like many of us here.  She hit the nail on the head.  It is very obvious there are some here who do just that - post rude, obnoxious, cruel, uncalled for comments for reasons unknown to many of us.  Ms MEM22 wonders this same thing many of us wonder and has just asked this question.

What did she get back? Answer(s) just like you posted. Enough said.

And very well said, PinkDogwood!

Honored Contributor

Re: Snarky responses?

[ Edited ]

This isn't @MEM22's first post.   She's relatively new, as she said, but she's been posting on many threads.    Just my opinion, but I think her question is valid.    No matter how carefully we craft a post, and how positive our intent, it's very hard to avoid having it dissected, analyzed, and judged as having ulterior motives or some sort of hidden agenda.   (And it's sad that we have to stop and carefully craft a post...  this is supposed to be fun, entertaining, pleasant, informative place, not a minefield of personal attacks, sarcastic remarks, etc.)    Don't lose sight of this fact:   when someone attacks, or tries to demean, mock, or debase others, it's a reflection of their own character and says absolutely nothing about the person they were targeting.

I cut back on posting because so much of the pleasure and enjoyment can be quickly overshadowed by the misinterpretation (willful or not) of our remarks and I'm so weary of seeing wonderfully interesting, well-meaning posters being hurt here.    I do stay, however, because the delightful, bright, witty, informative, and thoughtful posters far outnumber the others...  and I hope that's the takeaway.    Look at the positive majority, who are a joy to post with, and try to overlook the negative minority who have already caused many good folks to leave.    I'm trying really hard to concentrate on that positive majority.     

Congratulations on your new retirement, @MEM22!   I hope you're enjoying life!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Apparently, I'm far out of this loop. Obviously the OP is referring to something that happened, but I have no clue what it is. And without armed with that information, I can't agree or disagree with her.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Apparently, I'm far out of this loop. Obviously the OP is referring to something that happened, but I have no clue what it is. And without armed with that information, I can't agree or disagree with her.

I thought the OP's post was a general observation about the forums.   If it's about a specific case, I'm out of the loop, too, @suzyQ3.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I thought the OP's post was a general observation about the forums.   If it's about a specific case, I'm out of the loop, too, @suzyQ3.

@dooBdoo, it sounds too specific to me to qualify as a general observation.

I have seen opening posts like this that did seem more general. Even then, I question the reasoning for such blanket scolding. I guess I prefer to deal one on one with any posters who I feel are overly negative or insulting.

General condemnations never work; they just bring out those who often tend to relate their own bad experiences, experiences that none of the rest of us can know are real or whether THAT person was somehow complicit.

IMO, the best way to address a problem is head-on. That's the reason that I responded a couple days ago to a poster who addressed another poster as "Stupid."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I'm a relatively new comer as well.  I have found many helpful, caring posts here.  There are other posters as well.

Overall, the forum is quite positive, sometimes hilarous and informative.  For me, it has been a positive experience.

I hope you can concentrate on the good, kind responders here and you will certainly enjoy yourself.Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Snarky responses?

[ Edited ]

OP asks a good question -- I agree some people are unhappy with their lives.  There is one poster who is consistently nasty.  It's her husband, neighbors and co-workers I feel sorry for.  When she talks about her great job working from home, I have to wonder if it was done to keep good co-workers from resigning if they didn't move her out.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Doubt we will ever know, unless the OP comes back and tells us....but it would be nice to know....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate