Honored Contributor

Never had any milk smell skunky?

My younger sister says her Apt complex smells like Skunk Weed.

I told her she better mind her own business because she has no idea if it's actually weed (pot) or e-juice they vape which they sell some that smells like the skunk weed. I sure would not want my Apt to smell like skunk weed.

Honored Contributor

I only buy whole milk.  I think all the other versions of milk have the potential to be funky.

Honored Contributor

I've never been a huge fan of milk.  I tried almond milk and just love it, so I've switched to it for what I use in cereal etc.  However I've found it doesn't work well in recipes.  I made some Bisquick biscuits that looked, tasted and felt like hockey pucks.  Now I buy 1/2 gal cartons of almond milk, which keeps a long time, and keep a quart of 1% milk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never been a huge fan of milk.  I tried almond milk and just love it, so I've switched to it for what I use in cereal etc.  However I've found it doesn't work well in recipes.  I made some Bisquick biscuits that looked, tasted and felt like hockey pucks.  Now I buy 1/2 gal cartons of almond milk, which keeps a long time, and keep a quart of 1% milk.

Whenever I do biscuits I use buttermilk.  You might like the substitution.

Respected Contributor

I buy organic milk in a white gallon jug.  Clear jugs let in light which helps to spoil the milk and make you buy it more frequently.  The gallon I bought yesterday has a date of March.  Consider changing brands.  I do find the milk at some stores and some brands don't make it to the date on the jug.  Also, the fat content will extend the life of the milk.  Also if they didn't get the milk to a low enough temp right away it will spoil.  If it is exposed to warmer temps no matter what it will spoil.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Skunky Milk

[ Edited ]

It was bought on the 8th of this month and had a date of January 20. Should not have gone bad! It tasted this way the day it was bought.Man Sad

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

It was bought on the 8th of this month and had a date of January 20. Should not have gone bad! It tasted this way the day it was bought.Man Sad

@FlowerBear.  Sometimes things just happen. Maybe not refrigerated properly, etc. I have had that happen. I haven’t read all the posts. Did you get a refund?

Respected Contributor

Dwomc0UXgAEMFs8.jpg

Honored Contributor

I love milk!  I would bet the cows might have eaten something funky.

Respected Contributor

My DH kept the milk on the top shelf so close to the door & it was going bad before the date. I told him to push the carton back towards back of fridge and so far no problem.