Honored Contributor
What size cutting board do you feel is the best to have, when just having one.
😀☺️
Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

1 1/2 feet x 2 feet.

Respected Contributor

I really can't do with just one. I use these. They are lightweight and stand upright nicely in an metal bapkin holder so I can just have them at my fingertips. They wash and dry very easily. Plus I have a couple of small ones for cutting lemons, limes, etc.

61DDhyoHWHL._AC_UL480_QL65_[1].jpg

Honored Contributor

I do have several

12" x 9" is the smallest.

It's very handy, bamboo, I keep it on the counter between my stovetop & sink.

@CherryHugs wrote:
What size cutting board do you feel is the best to have, when just having one.
😀☺️

Esteemed Contributor

Although there are more in the cupboard, I tend to use & wash the same cutting mat over and over.

For me, the Goldilocks (just right) size is approximately 15" x 11&1/2" , flexible plastic cutting mat from either Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart.

Not so small that my sliced or diced veg get mixed together, or are rolling off the edge of the mat as I continue to cut.....Not so inconveniently big that I can't easily wash both sides in the sink very quickly.

Probably 40 years since I put raw meat on a cutting board. Just prep a lot of produce. For the occasional times I'm handling raw meat I'll use something I can throw away, like paper plates.

Honored Contributor

I have several sizes and use all of them.  Like a very small one for just cutting a lemon or tomato.  Have a medium  to large size to slice bread made in my breadmaker.    

Honored Contributor

I have a very small one and a 12 x 15 I use quite a lot.  Both are dw safe.

Honored Contributor

I use acrylic..........14" x 17"...........I leave them out on the counter in every work space in my kitchen.     (They "save" the counters from ANY kind of damage.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Thank you for replies and thoughts on this Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Can't just use one. We have a large one with juice groove for carving larger cuts of meat.

We have smaller ones to use for other things. I also like the plastic ones that are bendable. It makes it easy to fold kind of in half to scoop food off in to pot.