Honored Contributor

Re: Sister sent me meatloaf recipe

On 8/22/2014 Sharke said:

LOL Mr. Finicky Cat is my husband who is hard to cook for. We don't share the same food likes.

You make that man what he wants and how he wants it!

And then you buy yourself a lil sumptin.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Dr Scooby. I trust that your medical info is impeccably true and useful.

But asa doctor, you might want to work on your bedside manner.

To be heard, you need to be listened to.

Lead your audience, don't condemn them/me.

How was her comment rude? She was simply stating the effects of onions on animals because she was concerned!!! Your comment is VERY rude & unnecessary.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Luvmycats said:

Thank you Dr Scooby. I trust that your medical info is impeccably true and useful.

But asa doctor, you might want to work on your bedside manner.

To be heard, you need to be listened to.

Lead your audience, don't condemn them/me.

How was her comment rude? She was simply stating the effects of onions on animals because she was concerned!!! Your comment is VERY rude & unnecessary.

I think it was the "Are you serious about the cat?" comment that seemed accusatory.
Contributor

betteb, how long do you cook the muffin-size meatloaves?

Trusted Contributor

You can use mushroom soup mix instead of onion soup mix. But the combination of mixes make a high sodium level.

Respected Contributor

LOL, blend the soup mix up so the onion is powder. I grind up onions very fine when I cook for my son. He doesn't like onions either, but if he can't feel them, he doesn't care.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

This is my favorite recipe for meatloaf. I usually use ground chuck or 80% ground beef. I bake it in a meatloaf pan with the insert. If you like a moist meatloaf this is the one for you. My DH loves this recipe. Smile

RECIPE, MEATLOAF

2 lbs. ground beef

½ cup oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)

1 ¾ teas. salt

½ teas. pepper

2 stalks celery (chopped)

2 eggs

½ medium onion (chopped)

1/8 cup water

½ cup ketchup (or BBQ sauce)

Mix eggs, onion, water, celery, salt and pepper in blender. Blend until celery and onion are chopped fine.

Pour into large mixing bowl with ground beef and oatmeal. Mix thoroughly and pack firmly in nonstick loaf pan. Brush top with ketchup (or BBQ sauce).

Bake in moderate over (350 deg.) for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand five minutes before serving.

Serves 6.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/23/2014 MoInVA said:

betteb, how long do you cook the muffin-size meatloaves?

I usually start checking them after about 45 minutes at 375. Make sure you use really lean beef and put the muffin tin on a cookie sheet just in case.

These freeze well and and reheat in the microwave.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

My mom used to make what she called mini BBQ meatloafs. They had a sweet, kinda tomatoey sauce. They weren't baked in a pan, but wrapped in tin foil. I'll have to see if I can find the recipe.

Super Contributor

Sharke, I must say that you used commas properly with 'finikey cat,,,,,,husband. Thus it was clearly stated. Wink