Highlighted
Contributor

Sistema Klip It Microwave 2-piece Steamer Set

Regarding, Sistema Klip It Microwave 2-piece Steamer Set, #item K38045,like everyone else who's bought this product, I was dissapointed that there were no guides or recipes included in the purchase. For instance, how much water for a certain vegetable, fish, chicken, etc., frozen or fresh. Somehow experimenting doesn't quite cut it. Yes, all microwaves are different, but at least the company could have given you a few hints or suggestions. I tried cooking asparagus with two TB of water in the large steamer on four minutes. It was cooked but maybe 3 to 3 1/2 minutes would have been better. I put slices on lemon in the water plus I salted and peppered the aspargus. For a guide, I used the The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Microwave Cookbook as a guide. Great suggestions for different kinds of food.

I'd like to suggest that whoever bought this set post their successes. I know everyone would have to adjust their cooking times but at least it's a start. I plan on trying out two pieces of salmon with some broccolini in the large steamer this weekend. What the heck right? I believe my microwave is about 1100 watts. I'll start off with 3 minutes first and adjust from there (by way of the Cookbook).

Please feel free to add your successes.