Esteemed Contributor

Re: Single serve coffee brewer...which brand?

Love my Kuerig 250....with all this talk about the company in trouble...(another thread) I ordered a "back-up" Kuerig 250 from Kohls...hope the pods will continue to be available...

Honored Contributor

iCoffee here

yes there is no timer but it's doesn't take long to warm up at

and I can use my Trader Joes kcups which I love

and any amount of water.

Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

Recently my Keurig quit.  Thankfully I didn't have a bunch of K-cups.  I had a brand new Hamilton Beach coffee maker that someone had given to us as a gift a year or so ago.  I drug it out and I am using it and to tell you the truth this $30 coffee maker is wonderful.  I don't think I will replace my Keurig at all.  I actually like it better!!!  Great coffee and fast!!!

It does take pods and  I couldn't find them at WM.  I ordered them on Amazon and they are cheaper than the K-cups, PLUS plastic isn't going in the landfill.

Since we can't post links, just put the following in the search box at Amazon:

Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Personal Cup Pod Coffee Maker 49990Z

I'm so thru with Keurig.  My third one just died.  Mostly they get to a point where they leak or just stop working.  I actually still had my OLD OLD cheap Mr. Coffee that you need filters and I dug that out and am using.  I actually had a lot of K-cups left and I opened them and mixed in with the ground coffee I now buy to use with the drip coffee.  I even had tea K-cups and I open those and use them with the Mr. Coffee and filter.

Respected Contributor

I timed the Hamilton Beach coffee maker.  To make a very large mug (2 cups) it takes 4 minutes exactly from start to finish.

Also, I posted no throwing away plastic k-cups or whatever they are made of.  Well, I wasn't thinking.  These pods I'm using with the HB are individually wrapped in some kind of plastic.  So there is waste there too.  I don't know if you can buy them not individually wrapped or not.  The ones I got from Amazon were wrapped.  Same difference as the k-cups I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a kuerig for the family room but I have a Breville for the kitchen. Breville is the top of the line by the same maker as the kuerig but is so much better. IMO  Well made, good warranty, good CS, easy to add water and clean. It's a solid machine.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cuisinart. Got rid of my old Keurig beast and am very happy with the Cuisinart model. Sleek, smaller footprint on the counter, works well,  quality, quiet.

Regular Contributor

Fressa....this does look like a well built coffee brewer! How long have you had it and where did you purchase it?
Regular Contributor

LonestarBabs....I have a lot of cuisinart in my kitchen and like that brand. Which single serve cuisinart brewer do you have? I saw 3 different models on Amazon.
Trusted Contributor

@jjb   I purchased the Cuisinart Single Serve Brewer SS-5NC. Had a Bed Bath Beyond coupon for 20% and was very pleased with my purchase!!!

Respected Contributor

iCoffee has a new version coming out called the iCafe.  It is on their website as an ad, but nothing yet.  It just says coming this fall!